Chapter 12: The Chronicles of Nisha's Awakening

Nisha's Point of View

When darkness fell, we decided not to venture outside. Shawn and I were the sole ones awake at this late hour. I could sense their exhaustion, undoubtedly a result of the events that unfolded in the preceding hours. I was weary too, my mind fatigued from incessantly contemplating the situation.

Glancing out of the window, I noticed that the enigmatic figures, who appeared as dark silhouettes, were still standing in the rain. Despite their non-human appearance, I couldn't bear seeing them drenched and forlorn.

"Are you going to accept them?" Shawn's sudden question caught me off guard, pulling my attention away from my thoughts. I hadn't realized he was standing beside me, showing his support.

"I don't think I have a choice," I replied, my response stumbling slightly. My gaze remained on his face, as he was looking directly at me. In that moment, he beamed and affectionately kissed me on the cheek.

He responds, "I know you did the right thing."

As I hugged him, a grin spread across my face. It struck me that Shawn and I hadn't developed a strong bond in the few days we've been here or even in the five months we've been together. We hadn't indulged in fancy restaurants or visited places that would have brought us pure joy. Taking a deep breath, I exhaled slowly, feeling as if we were characters in a movie that denied the chance to fully relish our relationship. Despite that, I appreciated how supportive he had been. He never grew weary of listening to me, always putting my needs above his own. Yet, there was an underlying worry that one day, something might happen, and I could lose him and everything we had.

He gently lifted me, and I found myself resting comfortably against a luxurious bed. As he settled on top of me, I was surprised by how effortlessly he supported his weight. Standing a meter away, he gazed intently at me, and while I couldn't decipher the seriousness in his stare, it had a profound effect, melting my heart. Closing my eyes, I felt his tender kiss on the bridge of my nose, his lips caressing my skin. Soon, he leaned in and softly kissed my lips, hesitating momentarily before realizing my willingness to reciprocate. Our kisses deepened, and I felt a rush of emotions as I held onto his arm for support.

Feeling somewhat weak from the intensity of the moment, I reveled in the feeling of Shawn being mine, cherishing the thought that I owned every part of him.

Eventually, he paused, withdrawing his lips from my face, and flashed a warm grin before planting a sweet kiss on my forehead. I could sense the depth of his affection for me, appreciating the fact that he wasn't rushing into any decisions.

As we lay there together, I felt an overwhelming urge to preserve the memory. So, when I recollected my thoughts, I made sure to call him right away, wanting to cherish every moment we shared.

"Shawn."

He locked eyes with me, anticipation evident in his gaze, waiting for my response. Taking a deep breath, I gently traced the contours of his sharp nose and brushed my fingers against his crimson lips. It was hard to believe that such a perfect man had entered my life, and with him, I could envision a future for my family. Determined to put an end to the chaos around us, I was ready to do whatever it took.

"Hey, stop looking. I'm waiting," he said, his breath carrying a hint of menthol as it brushed against my skin, causing me to blink twice. With a grin on my face, I leaned in and kissed him on the lips, savoring the affectionate moment we shared.

"In regards to our relationship-" I tried to continue, but he swiftly placed a finger on my lips, hushing me gently.

"Sshh..." His gesture stopped me from speaking further as he covered my mouth, conveying that words weren't necessary in that moment.