Chapter 26: The Village's Secrets and Patricia's Knowledge

Nisha Point of View

"Zyan?" I inquired, my voice breaking the eerie silence of the dark room where I usually slept. As my eyes adjusted, I could make out a figure floating in front of me – the man named Zyan. The darkness obscured the room, concealing the bed from view. Zyan seemed indifferent to my presence, moving away from me and fixing his gaze on the window.

"How are you doing?" He spoke, but his eyes remained fixed on the outside world, giving an impression of detachment.

"I feel..." My words trailed off, uncertainty clouding my thoughts. I examined my arms and legs, realizing that I was in good physical shape and sensed an inner strength within me. Could Zyan be responsible for this change in me?

"You appear speechless," Zyan whispered, his attention finally turning to me as he noticed my hesitation.

"I feel powerful," I responded in a hushed tone, making sure only he could hear my words.

The atmosphere grew even more mysterious and tense, leaving me to wonder about the connection between Zyan, my newfound strength, and the darkness that enveloped us.

"They've begun, Nisha. I can't give you complete control since you're in pain right now. Take care of yourself. Stop pursuing the truth and let them offer it to you voluntarily," Zyan's final words echoed in my mind before he disappeared, leaving me with a sense of confusion and uncertainty.

Startled awake by the sound of two people conversing, I found myself unable to open my heavy eyes. My mind was alert, but my body felt lethargic. I struggled to recall the recent events that had taken place before I fell asleep, but they seemed to be slipping away, merging into the haze of the past. Despite wanting to focus on the present, I couldn't escape the thoughts of what had transpired.

As I lay there, I could sense someone's presence nearby. "You are awake," a voice said, but I kept my eyes shut, relying on my other senses to understand what was happening around me. The voices were unsettlingly similar, harsh and icy, making it difficult to distinguish who was speaking. It seemed that these people were the puppets Zyan had mentioned earlier.

I could feel the weight of their gazes on me, making me feel vulnerable and exposed. Unsure of their intentions, I decided to stay still and listen, trying to piece together the situation I had found myself in. My mind was filled with questions, but for now, I had to focus on gathering information and understanding my surroundings before making any moves.

"You're meant to be training right now, but I see that you're still weak," FE-R001's words pierced through my thoughts, snapping me out of my contemplative state. Instantly, I opened my eyes and found him standing by my side, observing my actions with his hands behind his back.

"You don't understand," I responded, my tone was cold and distant. I yearned to be emotionless, like a statue with a heart carved out of stone. I wanted to bury the painful memories that illusions had conjured, memories that had once brought me joy but turned out to be deceitful. Those illusions had once made me feel alive, but now I sought to break free from them and face reality head-on. I craved independence and a genuine experience of life.

In that moment, thoughts of Patricia surfaced unexpectedly. Her life might not have been luxurious, but she exuded contentment and authenticity. Her smiles were sincere, not fake or illusory. I felt a deep desire to support and empower others like her, to help them break free from their own illusions and fears, so they wouldn't retreat into hiding when faced with challenges.