Chapter 36: Fentycore

Nisha's Point of View

"We just started seeing each other because of what I heard. I haven't told anyone except Shawn, who cannot remember anything anymore. I should not tell anyone about this yet because it is not the right time. I want Shawn to be back with us before I confront the reality of my life."

"I didn't tell anyone. Well, now my daughter knows it, but I trust her. And I didn't tell it to your mother, and judging by your reactions, you are already aware," he said after a long pause.

I just stared at him for a while and sighed heavily. I looked away and nodded. He already knows, and there's nothing I can deny anymore.

"Zayn, do not tell anyone yet. I want to be the one who will tell the others, especially my brother and Mom," I responded with a pleading voice. I feel the emotions welling up once again. I looked at him and felt relief when he nodded and agreed to my terms.

"Don't worry. He's your father, it's a family matter, but once everything has been settled and everyone knows already, no one can stop me from seeking justice after he killed Rebecca," he coldly stated. I just nodded because I cannot blame him. Even though I want to end this suffering, as long as he lives, it won't stop.

Ever since he left us, I don't consider him my father anymore. No matter how they tell me that we still share the same blood, I can't ignore the fact that Shawn is suffering because of his evilness.

"By the way, I want to help. What's your plan for today?" Zayn asked, making me blink and look at him for a while before checking my wristwatch. It's almost nine, and I should start my day. I took another sip of water and got up.

"I need to start examining the formulas of how it works," I responded. I saw him nod from my peripheral vision. I glanced at Patricia, who is still busy eating her food, not minding our conversation.

"Little girl, are you okay here?" I asked her.

"Yes. Can the robot play with me?" She asked back, staring at me with hope, wishing she could play with FEP01.

"Yes, you can play with the robot, but please take good care. Your Daddy Zayn and I will be in the laboratory," I informed Patricia. She nodded happily and continued eating her food while her Dad messed up her hair and kissed her forehead before getting up to join me.

As we walked to the laboratory, the familiar scent of chemicals filled the air, reminding me of the countless hours I spent in my previous lab. It's been a while since I worked in a laboratory, and Zayn hasn't had the opportunity to see everything since I had FEP01 cover it with cloth, keeping it a secret.

When we arrived, FEP01 was already preparing my things, and I walked towards it. There was a glass table beside the large aparador, covered with cloth, where the robot had arranged the equipment neatly. Zayn didn't ask any further questions, knowing it was meant to be kept secret.

I observed microscopes, centrifuges, pipettes, and various instruments used for experiments. There were setups for genetic experiments, high-throughput screening for drug candidates, and even clinical trials. And finally, my attention was drawn to three tubes: one containing my blood, the second with Fenty that had turned into green liquid, and the third with Fentynol, appearing white.

As I gazed at the tubes, a mix of emotions surged within me, a mixture of determination and apprehension about the experiments ahead.

"Why is there Fenty?" Zayn asked curiously, his eyes searching for answers. His voice carried a mix of excitement and caution as he spoke about the potential combination of Fenty and Fentynol for a groundbreaking cure. I felt a surge of determination within me, eager to explore this uncharted territory. Memories of my father's failed experiment and the uncertainty of his fate lingered in my mind, adding a touch of solemnity to my emotions.