Chapter 14: Unveiling Secrets

Nisha's Point of View

What I saw made my brow furrow. I'm not sure why I'm seeing Daddy Truce. I waited to see what would happen until someone else shared my vision. I'm puzzled as to why I can see Shione and Daddy Truce hugging. Is this a dream? They don't stand out in any way. They appear to be children in this photo, and I can see the rings they're both wearing. I stared at it for a long time, and they all had the same design - a gold color that suits them both well. Their outfits are also blue. I'm not sure what to make of their expressions, but it seems like they're both smiling. What does this imply exactly? I was ready to say something when they suddenly vanished, and I opened my eyes.

I awoke in the bed of our room. When I looked to my right, I noticed a man in a black hoodie, and I immediately recognized him as my brother. To my left, I saw Shawn staring at my brother. I sighed and came to a halt in front of the bed, where the four of them were seated on Rebecca's bed, which was closer to us. Maestro was snoozing on the couch. When he saw that I was looking at him, he simply nodded.

"Have you had a good night's sleep?" My brother asked, and his question redirected my attention to him. I haven't seen his face yet, and I'm not sure why he refuses to reveal it. Is his face unattractive, and he's afraid to show it? My thoughts shocked me, but I decided to put aside the matter of his appearance for now. It's time for him to respond to all of my inquiries.

I took a long breath and slowly rose to my feet, leaning against my bed. My focus was solely on my older brother, and being near him made me feel at ease.

Is it possible that it's because he's my brother? I'm not sure.

"I'm okay," I replied. I couldn't tell if he was looking at me or not because his head was turned towards me, making it difficult to gauge his gaze. It felt like trying to face someone on the other side of the room.

He stood up and walked over to the window, shifting his weight before turning back to face us.

"You've got a lot of questions," he said abruptly. "But I won't keep you in suspense any longer." I couldn't help but nod. "Feel free to ask whatever you want," he added. Shawn might have a question regarding his life, so I looked at him. He nodded and turned to my brother, who was patiently waiting, as soon as he realized what I was trying to convey.

Shawn began, "Maestro told me I still had a brother, but he died while he was still in my mother's womb."

I could sense the sadness in his voice, but he was fighting to hold it back. I understood where he was coming from. He had lost two siblings and hadn't even met his youngest brother, who had been with us all this time. But there was something strange about my brother's presence. He was simply looking at me, as if the rest of us weren't there.

"That's correct. Your parents had been planning the ambush long before it happened. Selfishness? No. It was for your brother's sake. They entrusted you to your grandmother's care, expecting that she would take good care of you. However, as Nisha said, Asuncion, we are all traitors in our own ways," he said something that brought us all to a halt. "While they were traveling, your father suspected that they were being followed. He tried everything he could to deceive those who were following him because he didn't want any harm to come to the baby in your mother's womb, but they still managed to discover your brother. They were apprehended, kidnapped, and tested," he added.