Chapter 5: A New Location and Hidden Clues

Nisha's Point of View

Slowly, I opened my eyes, wincing as I instantly expressed my dissatisfaction with the pounding headache I felt. My body felt heavy, and I struggled to move correctly. Attempting to speak, I tried to open my mouth, but the pain quickly made me close it again. I couldn't recall what had happened to me, leaving me disoriented and confused.

"What happened to her?" I heard a familiar voice ask. They seemed to be approaching the place where I lay. I wanted to call out to them, but I couldn't find the strength or voice to do so.

"She's simply unconscious," another voice replied, which I didn't recognize. "But she'll wake up shortly." The speaker didn't seem concerned about my condition, which only added to my anxiety.

The discomfort made me hold my breath, feeling as if my entire body was paralyzed. The two people, probably Shawn and the unknown person, were now close to my feet. However, they didn't look in my direction, so they didn't realize my eyes were open.

"Thank you so much, Doc," Shawn expressed gratitude.

"Please use caution and safety in Bytrans City. I hope you'll be able to locate what you're looking for. I'm sorry, but I have to leave," the other person said, walking away.

As their footsteps faded, I heard Shawn moving, and it seemed like he was turning toward me after he heard me whimper.

"Nisha!" he exclaimed as he rushed towards me.

"I can't move," I communicated mentally, trying to convey my predicament.

"Wait. Hold on, little one," he said, turning around and whispering something to someone else.

He left me there, and I had no idea where he was going. I felt anxious and wanted to know more about what had happened. Why did I end up here? What's the point of having a doctor? And what happened to Nathalie and the others?

I waited for a few moments, listening for the sound of approaching footsteps. It seemed like they were coming back to my room. I was correct when the door opened.

"Nisha!" Nathalie screamed, and her voice sounded relieved. I sensed her grabbing my arm right away. "Just a second. The doctor applied something to you to prevent the poison from spreading throughout your body," she explained.

I allowed her to take charge, and she started working on my arm immediately. It felt like she was digging into my arm, and I knew the rest of them were watching closely.

"Got it!" Nathalie suddenly yelled. "It's going to hurt, but just bear with it," she warned me.

She took something close to my shoulder, and the discomfort caused me to bite my lip. My whole body felt like it was getting hot, and I couldn't explain the agony I was experiencing. It seemed like hell because of what she was doing to me. I didn't understand why I had to go through such events on a regular basis.

As Nathalie carefully extracted the object that was stuck in me, I couldn't help but moan from the pain. The discomfort had left me feeling hot and bothered, making it difficult to focus on anything else. My thoughts were clouded, and I struggled to think clearly amidst the agony I was experiencing.

"It's only a little," Nathalie said quietly, as if trying to reassure me. I wondered why she was being cautious; she should be able to remove it completely by now.

Finally, when she managed to completely remove the object, I let out a sigh of relief. Though I was still numb, the intense heat I had been feeling was gradually dissipating.

"Are you all right?" Shawn asked as soon as he saw me. Catching my breath, I couldn't respond immediately. After gathering some strength, I nodded a few times.