Chapter 16: Taming the Monster Within

Nisha's Point of View

We experienced only a few minutes of discomfort before managing to escape from the predicament. As we moved forward, we noticed a collection of various weapons scattered in front of us. Among them, we could identify shurikens, katanas, and caltrops, but there were other unfamiliar weapons as well.

Throughout our approach to the weaponry, we maintained a vigilant watch on FE-R001. His hands remained restrained behind his back, and we were relieved to see that he had regained his strength and the color had returned to his eyes.

"Hudsy Santiago was once a member of the Bytrans City NJA organization, known as the Ninjas Group. Despite being a scientist, he was a formidable opponent in combat. In the past, he and Mr. NO were friends and allies, but their bond began to crumble when they stumbled upon Fentanyl, a powerful and dangerous substance. As greed consumed Mr. NO. Hudsy became concerned about his friend's intentions and actions."

As he scanned the area, he moved back and forth to his station, never looking down at us. "Members of Mr. NO's leadership," he continued, "were distinguishable by their blue, red, and white ninja gear."

As he spoke, it was as if the history between Mr. Santiago and Mr. NO was being projected into my mind. However, I still remained unsure of who exactly Mr. Santiago's pal was what he looked like.

"It is Mr. Santiago who is the source of these weapons," he disclosed, pointing to the array of arms before us. "Everything you see in front of you belonged to him. As he's grown older, he's no longer able to engage in combat. We may not be true ninjas, but we've evolved into fighters akin to them, influenced by Mr. Santiago's past. These weapons serve as a reminder of his youth, and he expects you to take care of them, regardless of whatever I may provide you," he explained.

"Ninjas, much like other warrior clans, had their own distinct weaponry. However, it is a common misconception that certain weapons were exclusively used by ninjas. The choice of weapons for a Shinobi was primarily influenced by the nature of their missions. This explains why Mr. Santiago possesses such a varied assortment of weaponry. Moreover, ninjas were predominantly employed as spies and arsonists, necessitating a need for secrecy. Thus, they couldn't afford to use any weapons that would compromise their stealth and put them at risk."

His words triggered memories of my brother engaging in combat with his opponent. He was undoubtedly a skilled fighter, and his movements were so swift that it was hard to see the specific weapons he wielded. Though not affiliated with the NJA Organization, he used to fight in a similar style, honing his abilities through the teachings of a powerful master.

He came to a stop in front of a magnificent katana, his hand instantly reaching out to touch it. He made sure to demonstrate this to us, locking his gaze onto ours. The katana's handle was a gleaming, golden hue, and the blade looked razor-sharp. He then approached me and handed the katana over without uttering a word. Instinctively, I reached out and took hold of the sword.

With reassurance, he said, "This katana now belongs to you. While the katana is predominantly known as a long sword used by samurai, ninjas often employ them as well when necessary. The traditional katana is renowned for its exquisite craftsmanship, considered one of the most beautiful swords in the world. The blade of a katana typically exceeds 60 centimeters in length and features a single edge, though its blade may appear slightly curved. The grip is designed to be long enough for comfortable two-handed use, and the tsuba, or guard, can take on either a circular or square shape."