Chapter 9: Revelations in the Silent Laboratory

Third Person's Point of View

The man in the room sat still, his eyes fixed on the computer screen in front of him. He was positioned in the middle of a vast field, where he could observe everyone present. The door behind him opened, and though he sensed someone's arrival, he didn't turn around, maintaining his focus straight ahead.

"Maestro," said the newcomer, bowing respectfully to acknowledge his teacher.

The teacher remained silent, still staring straight ahead. The newcomer had been somewhat twisted a few minutes ago, but now he seemed composed in the presence of the Maestro.

Inside the room, various experimental apparatuses were scattered about. Two individuals had access to massive machinery in the space. The entire room was painted in pristine white, with large displays and computers adorning the walls. A cabinet containing numerous injections was also present. The room's size was quite large, and each wall was covered with mirrors, giving it an even more spacious appearance. In the center of the room, there was a large table with ten chairs, surrounded by all the impressive equipment. Every piece of apparatus seemed to be of top-notch quality, making it evident that a considerable investment had been made to furnish the room.

"Tell them to be ready," the Maestro ordered coldly, and the man in the pristine black robe nodded obediently.

"Yes, Maestro," the man replied and left, leaving the Maestro undisturbed in his position.

As Nisha emerged from the door, the Maestro's gaze locked onto her. A smile crept across his face as he observed the courage evident on her features.

Stepping out of the room, he whispered into the air, "See you soon."

-

Nisha's Point of View

We made a quiet exit from our hiding spot behind a large tree, cautiously exploring the vast area around us. Uncertain of the path leading to the field, I took a deep breath and took the lead, with the others following me passively.

Eventually, we arrived at a massive and tranquil gymnasium. Its deserted ambiance and the absence of people gave it an abandoned feel. The place was visibly unkempt, and an ancient stage stood before us. Cement chairs lined each side of the stage, and the sound of our footsteps reverberated throughout the expansive space. As we walked, it seemed like we were the only ones aware of our destination; our breathing could be clearly heard in the silence.

I noticed a blackboard positioned at the center of the stage and decided to approach it. Removing my artificial eye, my vision expanded, allowing me to take in more of the surroundings. Strangely, a sense of ease washed over me, dispelling the shortness of breath I had experienced earlier.

As I approached the sculpture, I noticed that words were intricately etched onto it. The rest of the group and I exchanged glances, uncertain if we should read them. Nevertheless, curiosity got the better of me, and I began to read the first batch of words, causing my brow to furrow in confusion.

"Nisha Eumerriah Normandeou."

To my surprise, it was my full name displayed on the sculpture. A chill ran down my spine as I stared at the words in disbelief. The others around me seemed just as astonished by this revelation. What could this possibly mean? As I gathered the courage to examine the other lines on the sculpture, a sense of dizziness overwhelmed me because every single one of the phrases felt eerily familiar.