Chapter 38: Shadows Of The Past

Nisha's Point of View

I woke up with swollen eyes. I never thought writing letters would trigger such strong emotions. However, it's better this way, as during the plan, I won't have enough time to be dramatic. I should be strong enough to face him.

I looked at myself and didn't even change my clothes. I remembered that after crying, I don't have the energy to fix myself up. When I checked the clock inside my room, it was already 6:30 in the morning. I needed to hurry and prepare because Zayn and Patricia would be arriving in an hour.

I lazily got up and took my towel, as I had already prepared my clothes for the day. I chose a fitted white dress above the knee and paired it with my black boots. I preferred my hair to be in a bun. I walked to my bathroom and did my daily routine, making sure to look presentable. I applied concealer to my face; I didn't want them to worry about me.

I spent one hour in the bathroom, cleaning myself and feeling comfortable after sleeping in that laboratory for five years. It made my skin itch, but luckily, I don't have sensitive skin. I wondered what my company looked like right now.

I stepped out of the bathroom, wearing only a towel wrapped around my body. Facing the big mirror, I examined myself. I had indeed lost weight, but my porcelain skin remained. It surprised me how this beautiful face had endured so many hardships in life, yet managed to grow even more beautiful despite it all.

I took a deep breath and used another towel to wrap up my long hair. Then, I started getting dressed for the day, beginning with the outfit I had planned. The dress fit perfectly, enhancing my body's beauty and exposing my fair skin, as it was a spaghetti dress that also revealed some cleavage. I was used to wearing this type of dress when I was still in my company.

As per my plan, I would stay there for a few hours before returning to investigate the place further. I wanted to get my plan started as soon as possible, either tomorrow or the next day.

I grabbed my makeup and applied concealer to hide the swelling of my eyes and the eye bags. I didn't need much makeup as I already had distinct features. A light lipstick was enough to change the color of my lips. Once I was satisfied with my face, I went to my shoe rack and chose my black boots with a 2-inch heel. I typically avoided buying sandals with high heels, as my height was already average for a woman.

After putting on the boots, I decided to look at myself again and smiled, feeling presentable, except for the dress. I shrugged it off, acknowledging that I just missed wearing these kinds of dresses, even though there might be a possibility that I won't wear them again. I reminded myself to stay cheerful and pretend for as long as needed.

While admiring myself, I heard a car beep outside, and I panicked slightly, grabbing my handbag. Inside, I had my phone, tablet, comb, shades, AirPods, and wallet - nothing too elegant. Satisfied with my look, I left my room and locked it, spotting FEP01 in the living room, seemingly waiting for me.

As the door opened, I smiled when I saw how handsome Zayn looked. He was wearing his usual polo shirt, now in white with two buttons open, and his clean-cut appearance suited him well. With shades and a plastered smile on his lips, he paired the polo with black cargo pants and white rubber shoes. I blinked, realizing I had been staring at him for too long.

"Are you planning to have breakfast here? We still have enough time," he asked, casually putting his left hand in his pocket. I couldn't help but feel a pang of regret for not falling in love with this charming man when I had the chance. Shaking off the thought, I simply shook my head in response.

"No, it's fine. I can have breakfast in the mansion together with my brother," I responded.

I walked towards Zayn, and FEP01 followed me. Glancing back to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything, I locked the house and told them to go ahead to the car. After securing the house, I grabbed my phone and AirPods, and then chose a song to listen to.