Chapter 17: Hidden Suffering

Third Person's Point of View

The man grinned as he listened to the monitor, his mind at ease while eavesdropping on their conversation. He couldn't help but admire the mental intelligence displayed by the person they were discussing. Seated in a swivel chair, he maintained an upright posture as he continued to observe the six individuals making their way back to their respective rooms.

Swiveling back in his chair, he noticed the presence of an old man sitting there, observing him closely.

"She's getting started," he remarked, acknowledging the unfolding events.

"What's your plan?" The old man inquired, seeking to understand his intentions. However, the man simply responded with a nonchalant shrug.

"Nothing. That's exactly what I'm anticipating from her. She's intelligent, but she's terrified of the consequences. She's now in the pursuit of the enormous mystery of her life, and she's the only one who can unravel it. Watch and see what happens," he responded, influenced by what he had overheard. The other man remained silent, respecting the decision.

The man stood up and dressed himself. As he glanced at the monitor, he noticed the group eating quietly. A grin formed on his face as he observed a young woman munching her food while deep in contemplation. Although he might not want a woman to be in such a situation, he knows he is powerless to stop it. Like everyone else, he too has been affected by the harsh realities of their existence, and there's no escaping it.

-

The six sat quietly, focused on their meals, processing the weight of Nisha's decision. They were left speechless, with uncertainty looming over them, unsure of what the future holds. Numerous unanswered questions swirled in their minds, and they collectively acknowledged that their lives had undergone significant changes during the six days they spent at Blythe Otwa Academy. The initial goal of defeating Mr. Shon now seemed distant, overshadowed by the passing of Nathalie and Shawn's grandfather, presenting them with a new, daunting challenge for which they were unsure how to begin.

Shawn cleared his throat, breaking the silence and drawing everyone's attention to him. The atmosphere turned solemn as he spoke up.

"Wasn't it just now that they were observing us?" he inquired, his question reflecting the lingering concern about the constant surveillance they were under.

"Yes," Nisha replied emphatically, confirming that they were indeed being observed.

"Are they aware of the plan?" Rebecca inquired.

"They are, in fact. However, that's not the main concern. They continue to watch us even in Ottawa, so there's no escaping their surveillance. The primary question is: how do I tame the monster within me? And I'm sure he's listening right now," Nisha carefully enunciated each syllable, emphasizing the gravity of her internal struggle.

"Have you noticed anything unusual about him?" Christopher raised an objection, seeking more insight.

"He seems to be wandering aimlessly. Like a ghost that poses a threat to humanity, but his presence is different. He appears to drain my vitality, yet every word he utters is oddly beneficial to me," Nisha remarked, trying to make sense of the paradoxical nature of the presence within her.