Chapter 11: The Hide and Seek

Nisha's Point of View

It all appeared to burst in an instant. What is happening in this city is too overwhelming for my system to handle. I have so many questions in my head that I want to ask, but I'm terrified of what I might learn. How long will this journey be? This endeavor is incredibly challenging, and it feels like I no longer recognize myself. The once strong woman who could handle chaos in Ottawa has now turned into a weak woman. I'm searching for answers, but am I truly prepared to face them?

After we heard it, it was as if an angel had passed in front of us. I stared at the maestro, who was staring back at me, and I was simply astounded. When Shawn gripped my arm, I blinked twice, clearing my throat to re-insert what the person in front of me had spoken into my consciousness.

"It's hard to believe, isn't it? However, you must understand that you have arrived at a location where the truth is abruptly revealed," he stated once again. I shook with disbelief because I couldn't accept it.

"How did I manage to own all those black men? I don't believe I'm capable of leading this group of individuals," I expressed my dissatisfaction, shaking my head. He laughed and returned his gaze to the black-clad males.

"I've been anticipating your response for quite some time. However, you must embrace it to use these individuals to fight all of your adversaries," he stated solemnly.

"However, I have a partner!" I stated adamantly.

"There aren't enough of those. And trust me when I say they aren't your traveling companions. It's as though you're fighting dunes that refuse to fall no matter what you do. You'll need these, believe me," he said one final thing before leaving us. What exactly does he mean? Why does he always use enigmatic words?

I took a deep breath; we'd only been here a few days, and this was the only way we'd find out. Is it true that I'm halfway there? Isn't it true that it hasn't even begun yet? I double-checked what he claimed I owned. I'm still perplexed as to why they haven't evolved into human beings. Is it true that something happened to them? Is there something more serious going on here? Is the situation worse than it was in Ottawa?

"Have you made up your mind?" Shawn's question prompted me to turn to him. I took a long breath to release the pressure on my shoulders, and I felt him tap my shoulder.

"We've got you covered. We are always there to assist you. And he's absolutely correct. You'll need them, and we'll need them, too," he added. I stared at them, and they're still blurring in my eyesight to this day, but I ignore it.

I returned my attention to them, and I did not hesitate to approach the man alone in the middle, in the midst of so many people. He has the appearance of a statue, and it seems like he's waiting for someone. I had the impression that my partner was following me around at all times, so I just let them.

When I arrived behind the man, I didn't know what to do or say. To calm myself, I took a deep breath. I had no idea what we had gotten ourselves into. Is this correct?

I cleared my throat in an attempt to grab his attention, but he remained unmoved. I wasn't sure what his code name was, so I didn't know how to address him. I didn't give up and decided to speak, just to see if it would work.