Chapter 39: Embracing Fate

Nisha's Point of View

My brother wiped my tears and kissed my forehead. I hugged him tightly, seeking comfort in his arms for a while, until I gathered the courage to be brave again. He gently placed his hands on my shoulders, prompting me to look at him, and I knew my face was flushed and my concealer was useless.

"Don't cry. Your brother is here," he reassured me, and I nodded, wiping my face like a child. He chuckled, tapped my shoulder, and wrapped his arm around me. Together, we faced the group of men waiting for us.

My heart swelled with surprise and pain as all of them knelt down and greeted me in unison, "Welcome home, Dr. Nisha."

"Thank you. Despite the choices I've made and abandoning you, I still have a place I can call home," I responded genuinely, referring to the men who stood by me, waited for me, and respected me even when I was lost in my illusions. Their support gave me the courage to continue my plans and succeed, whether alive or not.

I gave them a signal to stand, and they followed suit. Their attention then shifted to the robot emerging from the car, accompanied by Patricia. Amazement spread across their faces as they saw the robot, knowing that in our generation, it was almost impossible to have such technology, especially for a group primarily focused on experimenting with humans rather than machines.

"By the way, meet FEP01, my first invention robot, and I'm glad to inform you that it will stay here," I shared with them, and they clapped their hands in excitement. My brother silently squeezed my shoulder, probably curious about the significance of my words, but I brushed it aside for now, wanting to cherish this moment.

I locked eyes with Scarlette as she removed her mask and smiled at me. Returning the smile, she walked toward me. My brother let go of me as Scarlette hugged me tightly. I embraced her back, grateful for the sisterly bond we shared, especially after she learned about my relationship with her brother, Shawn. I still consider Shawn and me as a couple, but we are currently facing trials and choices to determine if our love can withstand sacrifice, which I am willing to make.

Scarlette is a beautiful woman, and I know that both she and Shawn miss their mother, Concepcion, who passed away due to lung cancer at a young age. They find solace in the knowledge that their mother won't have to suffer further in this world, especially since Shawn's grandfather is involved and has connections with the headmaster.

"Let's go inside," my brother invited after Scarlette greeted me. Looking around, I noticed that everything remained the same. My company is still in great shape, a testament to my brother's successful management. I smiled proudly, knowing that he never really failed me, even though he isn't naturally skilled at handling business.

The people around me gave space for my brother and me, including Zayn, who was engaged in conversation with others he knew.

Stepping into the building, I felt a sense of awe and excitement. The tall, imposing structure reached ten floors high, boasting a modern design that exuded sophistication. The glass exterior reflected the cityscape, giving it a futuristic ambiance.

Entering the lobby, I was greeted by a sleek and minimalist reception area. Abstract artwork adorned the walls, and the polished marble floor added to the elegance. A large information screen showcased the company's latest achievements and breakthroughs, capturing my attention.

My brother quietly accompanied me wherever I went, and I cherished every minute despite not having breakfast. I had to revisit every corner of my company to familiarize myself again, understanding that much had changed during my absence, and I couldn't blame my brother for that.

The elevators were located at the far end of the lobby, each featuring a glowing logo of the corporation. As I stepped into one of them, I felt a rush of anticipation, knowing that each floor held its own secrets and innovations.