Chapter 35: Unexpected Reunion

Nisha's Point of View

As I woke up, I felt an overwhelming heaviness lingering from the dream I had, where Shawn vanished without me being able to save or even see him. The haunting feeling of helplessness weighed heavily on my mind, contrasting with the freedom and vitality I have in the waking world, where I have the chance to know myself.

The dream had become a reason for me to escape from reality, as in those illusions, I wished it was me who disappeared instead of Shawn, but it always remained a futile illusion. No matter how hard I struggled, I couldn't change the outcome.

With a heavy heart, I took deep breaths and made my way to the bathroom. As I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I could see the stress and worry etched across my face. I had even lost weight, and I hadn't bothered changing my clothes the day before, lost in my thoughts and feelings of distress.

Glancing at my watch, I noticed it was six in the morning. Trying to regain some composure, I ran my hand through my hair and splashed water on my face, hoping it would help me start the day with a clearer mind.

As I followed my daily routine, brushing my teeth and putting my hair into a neat ponytail, I decided to add a touch of light lipstick, even though my natural pink lips didn't really require it. It was a small act of self-care, a way to boost my spirits for the day ahead.

Stepping out of the bathroom, my eyes caught the familiar sight of my room, but this time, something made me pause. After five years of sleeping and buying this house, I realized I hadn't taken the time to truly appreciate my own room. It had always been a quiet sanctuary, providing peace to my restless mind and a comforting environment for a future family.

Within this simple room, an enchanting and whimsical aura seemed to dance in the air, reflecting the vibrant spirit of its youthful occupant. A delightful assortment of dreamcatchers adorned the window, crafted with delicate feathers and shimmering beads, their presence offering a sense of protection, dispelling any lingering worries that might try to invade the peaceful nights.

At the heart of the room stood a charming canopy bed, draped in layers of soft pastel-colored fabrics, almost like a cocoon of comfort, beckoning me to rest and dream of extraordinary adventures. Beside the bed, a delightful collection of plush toys and stuffed animals gathered, evidence of cherished friendships and cherished memories of playful days.

A heartwarming realization washed over me as I noticed a note left by the previous owner, expressing gratitude for buying the house and leaving those endearing things behind. It was a touching gesture, and in that moment, I felt a deep sense of appreciation for the space that had become my haven.

In one corner of the room, a cozy nook beckons with fluffy cushions and a well-loved quilt, a sanctuary where I could curl up with my favorite book and lose myself in its pages. However, the pressing weight of my busy schedule reminded me that I needed to prioritize my tasks for the day.

This room, my haven of comfort, wonder, and dreams, is where I embrace the magic of childhood and eagerly explore the endless possibilities life has to offer. A part of me hopes that if I have the chance to live longer, I can continue to reside in this enchanting space with someone dear to me.

I snapped out of my reverie, realizing I had already spent too much time admiring the room. I quickly went to the wardrobe beside the bed and decided on a nude high waist trouser paired with a black jacket crop-top, satisfied with my outfit choice.

Leaving my room, a sense of tranquility washed over me as I was welcomed by the comforting silence of the house. It wasn't a large or multi-story house, but it was just enough for me to find solace for a while. From where I stood, I could see the kitchen and the living room, both inviting and cozy.