Chapter 7: The Blyth Otwa Academy's Mysterious World

Nisha's Point of View

We had reached a dead end and had no choice but to leave the car there and go for a walk. We weren't told where we were heading by the chap. We simply strolled until we came to a large gymnasium.

The environment was dimly lit. All I could smell was dust on the cement, and all I could hear was our breath. We didn't get a signal, so I had no idea where we were headed.

We turned our backs when we heard applause because we could hear the sound of a hand clapping. When we looked around, we didn't see anyone. Shawn had a firm grip on my right hand. Because I was aware of my uneasiness, I took a big breath.

"Welcome to the Blyth Otwa Academy, Nisha. You've arrived. He's looking forward to seeing you," a bold voice remarked. I hadn't seen his face, therefore I had no idea where he was.

"Can you tell me who you are?" I asked boldly, and it was only now that I felt nervous. I wasn't sure what it was that made me feel this way.

"Oh, are you afraid? Don't be concerned. We have no intention of harming you. I'll take you to our headquarters if you follow my voice," he reassured.

With nothing else to do, we decided to follow him. We walked without pause, and there was an eerie silence surrounding us. I couldn't shake off the feeling that someone might attack us out of nowhere.

"How many times have you placed your faith in the wrong people? And I'm astounded that you believe them without knowing what their true motives are," he said once more.

I was taken aback by his remarks. When I looked at Shawn, I could see the same look of awe on his face. He, too, had no idea what the man was talking about.

"Everyone desires power. They'll do everything in their ability to manipulate others and gain control of this pointless world," he said, sounding strangely determined.

"What in the world are you talking about?" I inquired. We came to a halt as we heard the sound of something being opened. Due to the severe darkness of the area, we had no idea where we were, but Shawn kept me safe.

"You allowed yourself to become oblivious to the darkness. You can't see anything right now because you're a fool," he added, his words piercing my heart. Shawn's arm stiffened, indicating that he was enraged by what the man had said.

"What exactly do you mean?" I continued to interrogate him. I heard him guffaw.

"Because you forgot you have a phony eye, you can't see anything. If you open it wide enough, you'll be able to see what's around you," he said something that made me realize something. He is correct. I forgot I was wearing my artificial eye, which explains why I can't see anything.

"At the very least, you'll feel at ease here. Meet our maestro, but remember to look after yourself as well. We'll be seeing each other soon. Find him, and he'll be able to assist you," before the bright light switched on, he said.

I even rolled my eyes at a man seated nearby, intently watching us. I believe he is in his forties. He wore black slacks and a black polo with a necktie, making him look like a businessman. I don't have to criticize him because his hair is long yet very clean. I fixed my gaze on him, noticing that his eyes were somewhat green, his nose was foreign, and his lips were tiny. He simply sat down and reclined back in his swivel chair, which was situated in front of a broad table. He was surrounded by paperwork on all sides.

"How's it going on your trip?" He inquired, coldly. I didn't respond, instead staring at him. He smirked at me, which caused me to blink twice.

He responded sharply, "Look around." I paid attention to what he was saying and took in the many paintings on display in the room. The images depicted places I had never been to before. Confusion and uncertainty gnawed at me as I tried to grasp the purpose of this unexpected journey. This wasn't even my objective.