Bonus Chapter

Ijeoma's POV

Wedding Night

My heart did a little backflip as soon as our pre-booked guesthouse came into view. Noah and I decided to spend our wedding night and honeymoon at a guesthouse. It wasn't what Noah exactly had in mind but I felt it wasn't economical and reasonable to fly out to an exotic destination, only to rush back for both Zozo's and I's school resumption.

Noah really didn't mind but I just couldn't allow it. He was a really economical person but when it came to Zozo and me, he always wanted to go all out.

It took three months to plan both our traditional and white wedding which was a two-day affair. The traditional first and the white wedding the next. Noah and I didn't want to put off the wedding for too long, left to Noah alone, we would've headed to a court the day after the proposal.

My parents were back at our house helping us watch Zozo for the time we'd be away, probably a week. I can't bear to be away from Zozo for too long, I had just got her back and I guess having her taken away from me really messed with me mentally.

We did stop at the house first to drop Zozo off, she had ridden in the car with us. I also got to change out of my wedding gown and into an off white jumpsuit which was far less constraining and flamboyant. Noah also changed into a black and white striped shirt and black shorts.

We didn't look like people who just got married.

"We're here" the hired driver announced

"Thank you" I said and moved to open the car door but Noah stopped me.

"Don't do that" he quickly got out of the car, walked over to my side, and pulled the door open for me.

"You know I can open the door by myself, right?" I said as I stepped out of the car

"I do. It's just for today" he said

I chuckled. "Okay"

The guesthouse was courtesy of parents. My dad was not completely comfortable with Noah footing the bills of both weddings. He insisted on paying for the guesthouse on our behalf in order to get some sense of peace and contentment.

It was a plain grey bungalow protected by a black gate. There were outstanding features that made the building stand out, no plants or trees, just a moderate parking space for one car within the compound.

I unlocked the front door, stepped in, and turned the lights on. Noah took the liberty of bringing our luggage which was two duffel bags.

The interior appearance of the house was a complete contrast from the exterior. The ambiance, blue and white fluorescent lights, cream plush sofas, and the entire set up of the living room alone was a far cry from the monochromic, dull vibe it gave at the onset.

Although, the living room looked more like a bachelor pad it didn't matter. It wasn't like we were going to be living there for far more than necessary. While Noah located our bedroom, I decided to explore the place.

I got quick glance at the small kitchen, the two rooms, toilet, and bathroom. I was surprised to find the fridge fully stocked with the very essential items like water, breakfast food, snacks, Indomie noodle packs, and so on. I had a feeling my sister did the stocking because I didn't find plastic containers of already made soups.

"This place is actually nice" I announced

"Yeah, it is" Noah said emerging from the bedroom

"It could be used as a getaway spot, you know" I said running my eyes over the place.