Chapter Forty-two

A/N: Hey guys, how's it going? I hope you are all safe and healthy, especially my Nigerian people. I was going to write and drop this chapter yesterday but I couldn't. It's hard to focus on writing with the uproar that's taking place in Nigeria. 

Anyways, Enjoy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ijeoma's POV

"Is that what you're wearing to the office thing?" Noah asked through the phone.

"Yeah" I did a slow twirl, giving him a complete view of my dress.

It was a shimmering, off-the-shoulder cream dress that stopped exactly on my knees. Noah had actually gotten the dress for me, he claimed that he was just browsing on Instagram when he saw the dress. 'I thought it would look amazing on you' were his words when he gave it to me.

Noah and I were on a video call. I had the phone placed on my dressing table with a book wedged behind it to keep it upright. I already had my hair and make-up done before Noah called, so he was getting the complete look.

"You look really beautiful" he said

"Thank you" I replied as I put on my earrings.

"So I'll see you there, right?" I said

"Yeah, of course. I'll head over there once I'm done with my last patient" he replied.

"Kay. I've got to go now" I picked up the phone so that my face was the only in the frame.

"God..." he gave me an intense look.

"What?"

"I'm definitely going to fight a lot of guys off you, this evening" he stated as a matter of fact.

I blushed slightly. "Stop"

He chuckled.

"Bye" I said before I hung up.

The bell rang just in time as I was making my way down the stairs. I headed straight for the front door and I opened it to see our babysitter, Gift.

"Good evening, ma" she greeted as I let her in.

"Evening, dear" I shut the door gently before turning to face her. "Thank you so much for agreeing to come in again today"

Today was Friday so she had been here earlier this afternoon. Gift was such an angel, she was like a second junior sister to me. She was outspoken and quite bold but she was utterly respectful as well.

She was a couple of inches shorter than me, pretty faced, smooth skinned with a small beauty mark just above her upper lips. She was dressed in a pink shirt and three quarter jean shorts with her dreads packed in a neat bun.

"It's no problem. I like spending time with Zozo" she waved her hands in front of her. "Besides, I get to use your Wi-Fi till you get back"

I gave her a genuine smile.

Gift's house wasn't too far away from ours and her parents were somewhat friendly with us, so it was almost like paying a family friend to watch over Zozo. Her parents supported her want to be independent and allowed her to babysit for us. I had called her mother beforehand and she was fine with Gift coming over to watch Zozo this late as long as we brought her back safely.

"You're looking takeaway. Ah ahn, kill dem all" she praised as she ran her eyes over my dress.

I chuckled. "Thank you"

A loud horn was heard outside the house. I pulled the curtains back and looked outside the window to see a red Camry.

"I think that's my ride" I announced. "Let me grab my purse and bring Zozo down for you"