Chapter Forty

Ijeoma's POV

I felt a familiar sting in my lower abdomen as I stirred awake from my sleep. I groaned as I got out of my bed and made my way to the bathroom.

Please, please no. Let it not be what I'm thinking.

I pulled my sleeping shorts and panties down as I sat down on the toilet seat. I inwardly groaned as I saw the red stain on my panties.

Oh, God!!

After peeing, I immediately got up from the toilet seat and straight into the shower. I had my towel neatly hung on the wall fixed railings so I didn't need to go back into the room.

During my period, I was extremely irritable and emotional. I could go from 100 to 0 and vice versa in a minute. My period cramps were variable, sometimes I would get them really bad and other times, it won't even feel like I was on my period.

After showering, I stepped into my room with my towel firmly secured around me. I headed straight for my undies bag in the wardrobe, I kept my pad and panties in there.

I pulled out a black cotton pant to avoid unnecessary stains as I reached in to bring out a sanitary pad, I pulled out an empty sanitary pack.

Jesus Christ!!!

I had completely forgotten to get a replacement after using the last pad on my previous period. I had made a mental note to go shopping for them but it skipped my mind. I stared wide-eyed at the empty pack like it would magically produce pads.

Oh my God. What do I do now?

I couldn't go out and get one right now because, in a matter of seconds, I would start dripping. The struggles of being a heavy flow-er. I had to act now and fast.

I quickly walked over to my bedside and picked up my phone from the bedside table. I was about to do the most embarrassing thing I've ever done in my life but I had no choice.

I dialled Noah.

After three rings, he picked up the phone.

"Hey" he said groggily.

"Hi" my voice sounded high-pitched, even for me. "Did I wake you or were you already awake?"

"You woke me, but it's fine. What's happening?" I heard some shuffling sounds in the background like he was sitting up on the bed.

I scratched the back of my head nervously. "Uhm... I need you to do me a favour... Uhm, I ran out of pads and I need some right now"

"Pads?" He sounded lost.

Jesus.

"Sanitary pads, Noah"

"Oh... oh okay" he sounded alert now.

I heard more shuffling noises in the background and then the jingling sound of keys, most definitely his car keys.

"Do I just get any kind?" He asked.

"I use the 'always' brand but any kind is fine" I replied

"Okay. Just give me five minutes"

"Thank you" I said softly.

"Yeah... no worries"

With that, he hung up the phone.

I grabbed my black panties, walked back into the bathroom and sat on the toilet seat. I didn't want to drip all over the bedroom tiles. I let my mind wander off as I waited for Noah to arrive with the pads. A knock on my bedroom door was heard about five minutes later.