Chapter Fifty-four

A/N: I tried my best to make this chapter as long as possible.
Enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Noah's POV

I glanced at my wristwatch. It had been ten minutes the first batch walked into the examination hall. Due to the numerous amount of people writing the exam, people were allocated batches in order to write. The examination was scheduled to start at 7:00am and Ijeoma was to write by 9:00am as part of the second batch but Nigeria being Nigeria, there was an hour long delay.

The delay pushed back the time allocated and disorganized the whole system that was initially put up. We waited patiently in my car while the first batch marched into the high school building that was allocated for the exam.

There was a large crowd huddled up in front of the gate and a long line of people perched against the walls that surrounded the main school building. The crowd held people with different agendas; some were parents who were either waiting for their children who had just gone into the hall or were waiting alongside their children to go in as the next batch.

There were also petty traders who cashed in on the opportunity of a crowd and brought out their goods which categorized of an assortment of stationeries, snacks and drinks.

Some candidates who came alone without any parent or guardian found their selves perambulating around the vicinity and like every crowd, there were people with diabolical intentions like pickpocketing from innocent, unsuspecting people.

"Don't you want to use this time to revise some more?" I said to Ijeoma after seeing some candidates huddled up in a corner, going over some notes.

"Nahh, I'm good. I don't really do well under pressure so whatever I'm trying to read now won't stick. I'll just be wasting my time" She said casually glancing out the window.

"Really? I'm the exact opposite then. Whatever I read before stepping into the exam hall, I'm more likely to remember than the rest" I said

"What would you want to do while we wait?" I asked

"I think I'm going to catch up on my sleep. I stayed up a little bit into the midnight." She reduced the chair into a lying position and leaned back.

She picked up her phone, briefly glanced at the screen before placing it by her side. "Wake me up in an hour, please"

"Sure" I replied and then she closed her eyes.

I watched her breathing get even as she delved into sleep. A couple minutes into her sleep, I noticed her run her hand along her arm before settling back to sleep. I instantly knew she was getting cold and made to reduce the intensity of the air conditioner. She had a short sleeved, round neck top and a pair of skinny jeans on, she was going for a simple look.

I luckily had the day off so I could actually wait it out with her and after she had gone in for her examination. While she slept, I busied myself with looking through my emails and occasionally glancing up at the crowd, just in case of any changes.

~~~~~~

Ijeoma had finally gone into the examination hall and it had been an hour now. The time allocated for the examination was two hours so I knew that she would be out in an hour. I was in the middle of mentally deciding whether to get something to snack on when my phone vibrated in the cup holder beside me.

It was my dad.

"Hello, dad" I briefly glance at the dashboard for the time. "Good morning"

"Morning, son" His voice was gruff like he was just woken from sleep.