Chapter Fourteen

A/N: The chapter you've all been anticipating
Enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ijeoma

The drive back home was a quiet one but not an uncomfortable silence rather the type of silence where you're engaged with a lot of things in your mind. The dinner at Noah's parent's home made me realize a whole bunch of things like how lucky I was to have Noah in my life, until today I'd never had people truly care for me even after knowing parts of my life that I'm not proud of. I also noticed how supportive Noah was being throughout the whole dinner even after the whole 'college dropout' bomb was dropped.

I stole a glance at Noah who had his eyes focused on the road ahead of him; sometimes I actually wonder what he saw in me that made him so interested in me. It's not like I wasn't attractive but I also wasn't the prettiest flower in the garden and Noah – well, he was very attractive. He was basically every Nigerian woman's dream and more – he's wealthy, tall, handsome, kind, caring, down to earth, generous, have I mentioned handsome. Oh okay I think I have.

"We are here" Noah announced

I look around and I noticed that we were in my compound. I must have been so deep in thoughts for me to not have realized when we entered my street talk less of my compound.

"Do you want to come in?" I asked

"Sure"

We both got down from the car and I handed him my apartment keys to go ahead while I go pick up Zozo from my neighbor's. I knocked heavily on the door in order for my neighbor to hear before waiting patiently. The door opened to reveal Mrs. Okachi, my neighbor who had been kind enough to help watch Zozo whenever I had to work. She was a full time house wife with two kids of her own who were both in boarding school so she basically had nothing doing after she was done with her wifely duties.

"Good evening, ma" I greeted her

"Good evening, my dear" she replied before turning her head back into the house. "Zozo, you're mummy is here"

"So how are things now?" She said returning her gaze to me.

"Fine ma, thank you"

"Ehen, I've been seeing one fine car always dropping you off at home. Who is that?" She inquired

This right here was one of the characteristics Mrs. Okachi possessed that I didn't quite like; she was very nosy and was always looking for what she could talk about. Anything you tell her be prepared to hear it from another person's mouth because she would spread your business like wild fire.

With a tightlipped smile, I replied. "He's a friend"

"Hmm, just a friend?" she said scouting for more information

"Yes, just a friend" I said firmly

Zozo ran out of the house and into my legs which I mentally thanked God for. I picked Zozo up, thanked Mrs. Okachi and hightailed out of there before she could ask any more questions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I placed Zozo on the floor immediately I stepped into my apartment and she let out a loud squeal before running into Noah's arms.

Noah and Zozo were now very good friends and this was their signature greeting every time she saw him. Noah picked her and threw her up in the air making her scream loudly with her eyes wide open and then burst into a very loud laughter. Watching the both of them together always without fail made me smile and sometimes fall into laughter along with the two.

It took an hour for Zozo to run out of fuel and finally fall asleep after I had given her a bath for the night, I gently picked her up from Noah's arms like I did every other day and took her to our room so she could sleep comfortably.