Chapter Thirty-five

Dos
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ijeoma POV

It has been a week since I moved into Noah's place and every day I wake up, it still feels weird. A good kind of weird though. The feeling was still new to me, living with him that is. Starting the day with him, seeing him in his comfort zone, slowly learning his quirks.

This past week had been a bit tedious for me. With Zozo not having anyone to look after her when she got back from school put me in a very tight spot. The first two days I had to take the rest of the day off, telling my boss that I had a family emergency but I couldn't keep giving that excuse.

Noah and I had to look for a sitter quickly on such short notice. It took a while before we could settle on one, either they looked too angry and frustrated or they just gave me instant bad vibes. With all the videos about sitters maltreating children, I was really scared about leaving my child with just anybody.

A little hypocritical of me. I practically left Zozo with friends and neighbors when I just couldn't help it.

Luckily for us, we found an eighteen year old girl, Gift who we finally settled on. She had babysat for two other people before now and they left very good and compelling reviews that made us pick her. She also gave me really good vibes when I met with her for the first time and even Zozo felt the same way.

It was a Saturday morning, so I decided to pull my weight around the house. I didn't want it to seem as if I was just living off Noah, so I woke up as early as 6:30am to start cleaning up the house. I knew Noah loved his things neatly kept and in the right order but with Zozo in the house, toys laying around the house was inevitable.

I was in the middle of wiping the glass center table when Noah walked into the living room with his laptop in hand.

"What are you doing?" he said

"Good morning to you too" I replied playfully

"Sorry. Morning, my love" he walked over to me and placed a chaste kiss on my lips.

"Now to my question" he said

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm doing some Saturday cleaning" I gestured around me

He shook his head. "You don't need to do all of that. I have someone who comes in on Wednesdays to do that"

"It doesn't look like this place was cleaned on Wednesday but it doesn't matter. I'm fine doing this" I shrugged my shoulders.

"But you don't have to" he said

"I want to" I assured him. "Go and sit down now because when I start mopping the floors, you won't be able to do so"

He walked over to the couch behind me and took a seat before opening up his laptop and switching it on. I resumed my previous action of wiping the center table.

A couple minutes later, the tapping sound of the keyboards from Noah stopped and I got this intense feeling from behind me. I turned around to find Noah watching my every move intently. He didn't seem bothered that I had just caught him staring openly at me.

I awkwardly turned back to what I was doing despite the uncomfortable feeling of him drilling holes into my body. Two seconds later, I sensed a body behind me before I actually saw him reach me.

Noah wrapped his arms around me from behind. "Your booty short is making it really hard for me to concentrate on the medical article I'm reading" he whispered huskily into my ears.

Oh my God. I completely forgot that I had my really short bum shorts on. I only wore them when I wanted to clean back at my place, it was a force of habit. I decided to play with him a little bit.