Chapter Twenty-eight

A/N: Hey guys, I'm sorry this chapter might not hold the drama and excitement you require but just know that I'm working towards it.

Future chapters will be better, I promise.
Anyways, enjoy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ijeoma's POV

"Yeah, absolutely" I said into the phone that was wedged between my ear and shoulder.

I placed an empty soup plate and a Golden morn cereal pack on the stool in front Zozo. I pulled the phone from between my ear and shoulder and placed it on the stool before putting it on speaker. I was trying to get Zozo ready for school before the school bus arrives.

"That's good" Noah replied.

"No-no!!!" Zozo exclaimed as soon as she heard his voice.

Her big brown eyes widened in excitement as she bounced in her seat.

When Zozo first started calling Noah by 'No-no'. We thought she was just yelling 'no' for no reason but after multiple times of referring to Noah with her newly formed nickname. We realized it was a name she had come up with in her head. I also thought she came up with the name because it rhymed with her own nickname.

Noah chuckled. "Hi baby. How are you?"

"Fine" she screamed in response.

I walked into the kitchen to grab the cans of milk and sugar, leaving them to chat with each other. There was no light so I had to use a torchlight to find my way around the house.

I could Zozo's voice from the kitchen. Talking in low tones was not in her dictionary right now, she was excited and so was her voice.

"Mummy!!" Zozo ran into the kitchen holding my phone. "Take"

I collected the phone from her and she ran back into the living room. The force and speed at which she charged back into the living room, especially with no lights on worried me.

"Zozo, be careful please!" I yelled after her.

I put the phone back on my ear. "Heyy"

"I can tell your busy" Noah said

"Yeah. I'm trying to get breakfast ready for Zozo" I said

"Okay. I'll talk to you later then"

"Kay. Bye, love you."

"Love you too"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrived at the office at exactly 8am on the dot which was when work officially started. I had actually planned to get here at least thirty minutes before time but Zozo's school bus delayed me.

Zozo's school bus normally arrived at 7am in order to get the kids to school before 8 o'clock. Today was different because the school bus arrived at 7:32, making me wait with Zozo till they arrived. The school bus driver apologized for the delay saying it was because of the whole fuel scarcity thing.

Getting fuel at petrol stations during scarcities was a real hassle. There were long lines of cars and people trying to get fuel that you would get discouraged from even trying to buy. I could understand the stress he must have gone through to get fuel in the bus, so I just nodded my head.

The elevator doors were about to close so I picked up my pace and rushed towards the elevator. I tapped the elevator button and stuck my other hand in between the doors to prevent the doors from closing.

The doors reopened and I walked into the elevator to find Mr. Kachi standing at the back of the elevator.

He was dressed in a white dress shirt, black trousers and a matching tie. He had his suit jacket slung across his arms and it made think of those men who modelled office wears in magazines.