Chapter Twenty-four

I really hope you like this chapter cause I really took time on it.
Anyways, enjoy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ijeoma

As I got to the bottom of the stairs, Chinelo and his mom were taking turns in hugging him by the doorway while two guys who I guessed to be his brothers walked in carrying a container of food presumably Jollof rice.

"Where do we drop this?" The guy with short curly brown hair said.

"The kitchen" Noah replied pointing in the direction, leaving his mother's side to help his brothers out.

"Ijeoma" Noah's mother announced as soon as she saw me.

"Good Afternoon ma" I said with a smile as I approached her. "Merry Christmas"

"Merry Christmas, my dear" she said jovially as she enveloped me in a hug.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine, thank you ma" I said with a little curtsy.

"Oh please, stop all this formalities. You sound like you're talking to your professor" she said with a wave of hand.

I chuckled before nodding. I didn't know if I could be as casual and informal as she might want me to be but I'd try. She headed into the house leaving Chinelo and I.

"Merry Christmas, Ijeoma" Chinelo greeted giving me a hug.

"Merry Christmas. It's been a while" I said as we pulled apart.

"Yeah it has" she concurred. " We have a lot to catch up on"

Meeting her again reminded of how bubbly and outgoing of a person she was. I smiled and nodded.

"I love your gown by the way" she said giving my gown another glance. "I just love anything in denim"

"Thank you, you also look very good" I replied gesturing at her light blue ruffle crop top and dark jeans paired up with matching light blue heels

Noah's father walked into the house carrying a carton of drinks both hard and soda. He gave me a side hug as we exchanged 'Merry Christmas' before he headed into the house to offload the drinks.

"Ijeoma" I heard Noah's mother call out.

Before I could move to see what she needed me for, she appeared before me with a calm Zozo in her arms. How she was able to get Zozo in her arms without me even being there to introduce them was beyond me.

"Okwano chizolum d'iha?" She said. (This is Chizolum, right?)

"Yes"

"Oh my goodness!" She exclaimed, turning her head to look at Zozo. "Obu so mma" (she is beautiful)

"Thank you" I had to resist the urge to add 'ma' at the end of every statement.

"Oh my gosh! She's so adorable" Chinelo inputted as she moved closer to her mom to pinch Zozo cheeks.

I couldn't get the wide smile off my face. I loved that they accepted Zozo so easily and  even though she hadn't met the rest of the family yet, I was glad that at least the most important one adores her already.

Zozo was in a denim gown like me only that hers was a cute little jumpskirt which hiked up a little as she was been carried and I moved to adjust it before Noah's mother headed back inside with her.

We were about to leave the doorway and move into the living room when a stunning woman in a red jumpsuit matching her fiery red curly locks that cascaded down her back. I had actually forgotten that Noah has two sisters and by the looks of her fit physical appearance, I could tell she was the model.