Chapter Forty-six

A/N: Sorry for the late update and brief chapter. I'm working on making my updates more frequent so please bear with me. 
Anyways, enjoy. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ijeoma's POV

"Hi sweetie," I said into the phone

"Hello, mummy" Zozo responded

"How are you, my love? And how was school?"

"Fine," she said sharply

"Good. Are you enjoying grandma?"

"Yes"

"Have you had lunch?"

"Yes"

"What did grandma make for you?"

"Spangeti and stew and fish" she said excitedly

"Ohhh. You're enjoying oo" I teased

She giggled loudly.

"Daddy and I will be back soon, okay?"

"Okay," she said softly

"Can you give the phone to grandma, please?" I said

"Kay" she replied before yelling. "Grandma!!"

I heard some feet stomping and shuffling in the background before my mother's voice came through.

"Ijeoma, kedu?" she said in her usual soft tone. (How are you?)

"A di mma" I replied (I'm fine)

"What's happening? His aunty, o biago?" she asked. (Has she arrived?)

I heavily exhaled. "Not yet"

"Don't worry. O ga di mma, n'aha Jisos" she said. (It will be fine, in Jesus name)

"Amen oo" I replied

"Make sure to keep me posted on everything that's happening," she said

"Of course. I'll talk to you later this evening" I replied

"Ngwanu. Bye"

"Bye," I said before hanging up the phone

I released a heavy sigh before placing the phone beside me on the bed.

Noah and I were currently at my parent's house in Lagos. The custody battle was going to be taking place in one of the courthouses in Lagos, seeing as that was where Kunle filed for the custody. Before we left, my mother had to come over to look after Zozo. She would be there to stay with Zozo for as long as we would be away.

Noah took a short leave from work based on a family emergency. He said in his own words 'there's no way in hell, I'm letting you do this on your own' and I didn't bother to oppose. I really needed him to be by my side because I truly wasn't strong enough both mentally and physically to fight all by myself.

He also talked to his mother who talked to her sister, a known reputable lawyer about the whole custody thing and she agreed to fly in from Philadelphia to represent me. Noah had told me that his mom helped her sister move to New York to study law before she got married and moved to Philly with her husband. She was his mother's youngest sister.

I did a little research on her and I found that she was one of the top lawyers in Philadelphia. She was described to be fearless and fervent in the courtroom with a stack of wins trailing behind her. I was put at ease a little bit, knowing that she would be representing me.

She was coming over to the house to get my statement to prepare for the coming court sessions. She also wanted to give me a breakdown of what's to come in the next following days.