Chapter Thirteen

A/N: I apologize for missing my yesterday update but it's here now
Enjoy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ijeoma

There was a huge nervous pit in my stomach and somehow I felt like just calling sick and skipping the whole thing but that would just be disrespectful which was why I was currently standing in front of Noah's parent's house along with Noah.

He had assured me multiple times on our way here that his mom was chill and I had nothing to worry about but how could I not worry. The woman is not only the mother of the person I'm slowly beginning to let into my life but she was my boss and she had the power to decide whatever happens to my job in the hospital. That was scary as hell.

Noah told me it was just his parent's and younger sister who was a twin that were around as the rest of his siblings were busy back at their home so they couldn't come along. His immediate younger sister was having a series of photo shoots, his younger brother- the other twin was overlooking their family business in place of their father and the last child was away in college.

I took in a deep breath as I heard the shuffling sound of feet approaching the front door, the door swung open to reveal a younger version of Noah's mother, the only difference was that she had the grey color of eyes that Noah also had. A wide grin appeared on her face as she practically jumped on Noah's body, hugging him.

"Kosi, how far now? It's been long oo" she said when they pulled apart.

"You're being dramatic. I call and text you almost every day"

"It's not the same as seeing you in the flesh" she replied as a matter of fact.

She turned to me and let out a gasp of breath.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry. Where are my manners? I'm Chinelo and you must be Ijeoma, it's so nice to finally put a face to the girl my mum has been talking our ears off the whole of yesterday" she blurted out all at once as she shook hands with me. "Please come in"

As we walked into the house, I felt goose bumps appear on my forearm due to the massive yet homely nature of the house – everything looked pretty expensive and I started to feel out of place in my off the shoulder zebra print flare gown.

"My mum wasn't wrong about you. You really beautiful" Chinelo said

"Thank you" I said shyly.

I wasn't used to such open complimenting especially from someone who looks like her. She was absolutely stunning and she looked like she should be on a front cover of a Vogue magazine. She was clad in a blue sleeveless jumpsuit and her hair was let down in its natural curly state.

We settled down in the air conditioned living room as Chinelo talked about herself and what she had been up to the past few years. Noah made a few inputs here and there but she was the one doing all the talking, I on the other hand just listened quietly to what she said and laughed a little when it was necessary. In the small amount of time I spent with Chinelo in the living room, I concluded that she was a very bubbly person and more of a talkative than Noah was.

"Nelo, if I catch you there ehn" Noah's mother said walking into the living room. "You better enter that kitchen before I say Jack Robinson"

She also looked absolutely stunning as well and seeing her in a home setting felt very different than when I first met her in the hospital's cafeteria. Right now, she was giving off this wave of motherly vibes in her styled African print gown which made me feel a little less uncomfortable.

Chinelo stood to her feet immediately her mother entered the living room and made a dash to the direction her mother just walked out from which I guessed led to the kitchen.