Chapter Twelve

A/N: Sorry for the wait, guys. I have a surprise for you all in the middle of the chapter.
Here you go, enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Noah

The security man used a hand held metal detector to scan my body before I was allowed to enter the hospital. After the whole shooting incident two days ago, the metal scanning and body searching if you looked suspicious began as a security measure which was understandable.

It was later discovered by the police that the shooters were actually cultist who had come to silence one of their members who was thinking of walking away from the cult life. The guy in question was brought into the hospital with a GSW (Gunshot Wound) to the abdomen which was suspected to be the work of his ex cult group. The shooters had come to the hospital to finish what they had started after finding out that the guy made it out alive.

Their whole mission went out of hand when a nurse walked into the room after they had just shot their ex member with a silencer and out of panic that she had seen their faces, one of them shot at her with another gun which was the gun shot everyone on that floor heard. The nurse in question survived the gun shots but the patient or ex cult guy unfortunately didn't because his body was already in a fragile state and couldn't take anymore distress.

I walked into my office to get started on some of the paper work from the previous night before attending to any patients.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Four hours later

I walked out of the A&E ward and I see the hospital administrator, the chief of the surgical department and some other departmental heads heading my direction. They were all in their white lab coats and Mike our hospital administrator was clad in a sharp looking suit; he had his hair gelled back and his shoes were neatly polished which meant he was meeting an investor or a high profiled individual.

"Dr. Noah, come along with us" He instructed as he reached me.

I was confused as to what was going on and why I was going along with them as I was a junior doctor. As I fell into step with them I noticed Dr. Tiwa in their midst and I moved towards her.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked as I walked beside her.

She looked at me like I had grown two heads. "How are you a part of this hospital? You really need to relate more with your colleagues other than me and Dr. Hafsat"

It was true, apart from the cordialities of work which made me relate with some of my colleagues, I didn't make any effort to relate with them outside of work and there wasn't any specific reasons as to why, it was just how I functioned. I liked to keep a small circle of friends.

"Anyways, the owner of the hospital is coming into the hospital today because of the whole shootout thing. She just notified Mike this morning of her arrival and we are all going to welcome her at the front of the hospital. I just happen to be one of the junior doctors he picked to accompany him and I'm so excited." She said as we walked to the entrance of the hospital.

Wait, what?

"I can't believe I'm going to be meeting the woman who single handedly made this hospital one of the best in Africa, I've dreamt of this day for so long and I can't believe it's going to become a reality in a couple of minutes from now." she continued as we got to the front of the hospital and came to a stop.

I was about to make an excuse and leave as fast as I could but before I could even speak, a black BMW appeared and stop right in front of us.

Shoot!