Different perspective

[𝙱00𝚖! 𝚒𝚝𝚜 𝚗0𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚎𝚝!]

●'< Hajime P.O.V >'●

He just. . . Jumped off ? It took me some time to process the whole situation. I dashed towards the edge and looked down. The scene I saw made my stomach turn. His dead body was floating in the bloody red ocean. I was about to climb down to help him until I noticed a record player and few items on it. I took the letter along with notebook and record player down.
"Hajime, are you coming- Oh dear!" Chiaki noticed the dead body. "He jumped off that cliff." I sighed. "My, my! Look at this magnificent view!" Monokuma appeared before us. "Okay, this time I'll make an exception for all of you. This was a suicide, no need for trial." The bear smiled. "Now chop-chop to the class trial!" He growled.

"Hajime, let's go. We will find more detail about his death after the trial." Chiaki spoke, but I ignored her words. They just floated over my head while I was deep in thought.

Why did he committed suicide?
Was it because of Nagito?

It had to do something with Nagito, that's for sure. Did he brainwashed him? And what was his last words. . . "My name is (Your name)." I mumbled out loud. "Silly, your name is Hajime Hinata." Chiaki chuckled. "No, this was (Male pseudonym) last words." I explained. "Maybe the answer is in this envelope you're holding." Her gaze shifted to the items in my hands. "You're right, I'll check them after the trial." I nodded and walked towards the first island. Dropping the objects to my cottage I made my way to the Monokuma rock.

"Sorry for delay of the long awaited trial! Please, please come in!" Monokuma called. "Isn't someone missing?" Sonia noticed. "Where's the rebel guy?" Fuyuhiko asked. "He's. . . Dead." I sighed. "Dead!? So we will have two victims?! Again?!" Kazuichi yelled. "No, he committed suicide." Chiaki frowned. "Took his own life?! What a psycho!" Akane groaned. "He must've had big reasons for this! Don't be quick to judge!" I shouted at the tan girl. "Hajime, calm down." Chiaki kept her hand on my shoulder. "Tch, let's go." I stomped towards the Monokuma rock.

~Few hours later~

Chiaki. . . I saw how tall block fell on top of her killing her instantly. I can't believe it. Nagito, he was a huge problem, but was kind of useful during the investigation. (Your name), he pushed us forward and motivated on the first trial. He also took special care of disease infected and helped us out in investigations. Chiaki, our kind-hearted and easy going classmate. I wanted to say lot of things to her, too bad I won't see her again. All these people, they didn't deserve to die, none of our classmates deserve their fate. And yet, we lost them within one single day.

I entered my cottage and collapsed on the bed. Tears filled my eyes as I sobbed into my pillow.

Pathetic.

I'm pathetic.

I cannot save even one person.

That's then I remembered the letter and record player (Your name) left for me. I opened the envelope and started reading the message.

'Hi Hajime!

I hope you'll read this after the trial. As I'm going to reveal the traitor. It's Chiaki, she's dead in real life, but she wasn't fake either. I'm afraid that the truth will be hard for you guys to handle, so I better keep quiet. I'm sure that you'll figure things out eventually.

Now, my death. I wasn't planning to die, it was Nagito's last will, of sort. I couldn't disobey the wish of my lover, even if he asks me to kill myself. Yes, before the whole island survival game me and Nagito were dating, I guess.

I want to help you guys in any way I can, but now that I'm gone it'll take many paper and ink to write it all down. The only thing I can say is that all the people who died (except Chiaki) are still alive. We might be comatose, but I'm sure you'll figure out how to wake us up. Good luck with that!

I'm sorry that I lied to all of you. My real name is (Your name) and I'm a girl. Proof for that you can find in the next paper inside the envelope. Again, I'm really sorry that I lied to you all. Hope that you'll forgive me.

If you read this after the trial that means that Chiaki died. I know that she was a close friend of yours. And you have romantic feelings towards her. I know the feeling when your loved one dies, so I prepared a present for you. I want you to climb the hill and take record player with yourself.

Play it! Its my special gift!

Goodbye, Hajime.

Sincerely yours, (Your name).'

I decided to look at the second paper. It was a missing page from the student profiles that we found in Nagito's room. There was written all the information about real (Male pseudonym). Her name, her gender, her talent. "Ultimate Actress." I read out loud.
I really didn't wanted to go out right now, but (Your name) asked me to do so. She's dead, I'll count it as her last will. Taking the recorder I walked outside.

It was chilly and dark at night on Jabberwock Island. As I walked onto the second island I was greeted with dead silence. Not even crickets could be heard, just quiet howling of a wind. I climbed onto the hill and sat down. Sighing I pressed the play button. Suddenly, the soft tune of a guitar filled the silence around me.

"I'll miss you, orange titties." Was the last thing I heard before the recording ended. I felt a tear running down my cheek. I quickly wiped it off and rewind the recording. I listened to it again and again until sun started rising above the dark horizon. I stood up and walked back inside my cottage. As I fell onto my bed I drifted off into dreamless sleep.