Sanity causes remorse

▪︎ ■ □ Nagito's P.O.V □ ■ ▪︎

    Where am I?

    I remember having a sweet dream about my school days. But why did it felt off? Like something was missing and this something was the most important part.

. . . (Your name) . . .

Why can't I remember who she is?

.

.

.

Where am I?

I looked around, it was a dark void of glitches. Hajime. . . He said that I'll wake up really soon.

Suddenly, something flashed before my eyes. It was like a great beam of bright light. I saw a dark silhouette that blocked the beam.

It was someone I remember.

She stretched her hand out for me to take I took a step towards her. As my hand touched hers I opened my eyes.

    "(Your name)!" I yelled and startled Hajime. "I'm Hajime Hinata if you don't remember." Brunet said. "Where is (Your name)?!" I gripped his collar with my hands only for my left hand to fall off. "Gah!" I yelled in pain. My eyes widened as I saw how rotting female hand that was sewed with mine dangled from my shoulder. I yelled in fear as Hajime picked me up and ran away somwhere.

    He made me lay on the hospital bed as he took out a syringe and filled it with anesthesia. "Don't worry." Was his last words before everything grew dark.

I'm here again?

I looked at the wide grassy hill with a lonely cherry tree. I shifted my gaze to the withering blossoms. Walking up the hill I noticed a massive stone behind the tree. As I looked closer I realized. . . it was a grave. My knees began to shake as I read the name on the tombstone.

(Your name) (Last name)

I slowly fell onto my knees as my gaze was glued to the tombstone. "I-impossible. . . She's alive, right? Its all just a dream. . . Right?! I'll see her again. . . right?" Tears filled my eyes as I crawled under the cherry tree and covered my face with my hands.

"Dandelion-head!" I heard her voice in a distance.

"Dandelion!" Her voice grew louder.

"Nagito!" She yelled.

"NAGITO!"

    My eyes widened as I woke up. I was lying on the hospital bed with Kazuichi and Hajime that stood by my side. "Nagito, how do you feel?" Kazuichi asked. "(Your name). . ." I said my voice hoarse. "She's still uncascious." Soda rubbed behind his head. "Anyway, can you try moving your arm?" Hajime asked. "Huh?" I looked at my left arm, it was replaced with an artificial robotic one. I slowly raised it above my eye level to admire it more closely.