Chapter 28

*Dan's POV*

"Dan wake up" I opened my eyes to see Phil with his arms wrapped around me "Shouldn't you be in school" I muttered closing my eyes "Yeah but I thought I'd skip today, so wake up" he said softly. I opened my eyes and stared at him "Happy birthday" he said kissing my nose and I smiled at him "Thank you" I said sleepily. "So what do you want to do today? Your choice" he asked me, I thought for a second "We can just snuggle on the couch under a blanket and watch spongebob" I suggested, I don't know why spongebob I just love it so much. "Fine" he said kissing my forehead "But later this evening we are going out for dinner with your parents" he said "B-but I can't eat" I said "You'll be fine, don't worry" he smiled at me. I got up and decided to weigh myself still 93 pounds "What's wrong?" Phil asked "My weight.. Still bad" I sighed, he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek "It'll take time bear, but soon you'll be healthy again" I ate breakfast without complaining today I guess it was the medicines. After that Phil brought down a blanket and set it on us as we snuggled and watched Netflix "Oh you have to wear a suit and style your hair in a quiff tonight" Phil said "What? Why? I like my fringe" I said "Please just for tonight" he pointed "Okay fine" I sighed snuggling closer to him. "Wait I forgot your present" he said running upstairs and coming back with a gift bag and told me to open it, it was a beautiful watch it looked expensive "Where did you get it? Its beautiful" I was speechless "Chanel" he smiled at me "Phil, i love it but that's so expensive, you shouldn't waste your money on me" I said, he set the box aside "Nothing is too expensive for you, you're worth it" he said and leaned in and kissed me, I wrapped my arm around his neck and kissed him back, we both pulled away "I love you" he whispered "I love you too" I smiled. "HEY PHIL! Big day today!!" I heard Peter shout behind us "Jesus Christ Peter! Ever heard of knocking?" I jumped "Your front door was open" he laughed "I just came to give you your present, then I'll leave you married couple alone" he winked "Shut up Peter" Phil said, his cheeks were pink "What's wrong with you two?" I asked "Nothing" Phil said quickly "Yeah absolutely nothing" Peter winked again and Phil threw a pillow at him "Is there something I don't know about" I asked Phil and he shook his head "Come on tell me" I pouted and Phil kissed me quick "its nothing" he said and then started kissing my neck "P-Phil what are you doing, don't distract me" I said "Woah I'm still here guys! Don't start having sex just yet" Peter said quickly "Go home Peter" I joked "Not until I give you your present, you're lucky I'm in a hurry and have to get home, or I should say I'm lucky" he said "Peter you're interrupting my birthday sex" I pouted, he ruffled my hair and gave me a gift bag, it had cologne "It'll come in handy, it'll make you smell really nice for you know" he said giving us a strange wink and I laughed "Thanks Peter" I smiled "Okay I'll leave you two now. Use protection kids" he said "That's how I like it" I called back and Phil laughed. "We should get ready now" he said.

We went upstairs and took our suits out, Phil got ready in his room while I got ready in mine, I got my dress pants on and just stared at my body, I was so skinny I looked awful. Phil walked into my room "I'm so skinny" I said "You are, but you'll be healthy soon, I know it" he said kissing my shoulder blade, I felt my cheeks turn pink. I got my shirt on and my dad helped Phil and I set our hair while my mom just snapped pictures of the moment. I saw the watch Phil got me and put it on as it matched what I was wearing, I had a good feeling about this evening.

*Phil's POV*

"Nervous Phil?" Dan's dad asked me when we reached the restaurant "Y-yeah a bit" I said, he put his hand on my shoulder "Don't worry it'll be fine" he smiled at me. We sat at our table and I noticed Dan's wrist "Hey you're wearing the watch" my face lit up "Yeah it matches my suit" he said "So you like it?" I asked "I already told you, I love it" he smiled. The waiter brought our food for us, Dan ate pretty slow "Are you okay Dan?" His mum asked him "Yeah just don't want to eat too fast and start feeling sick" he said "Are you sure you feel okay?" I asked him "Yeah" he smiled. After dinner while we waited for dessert my mum went to go fix her makeup. "Phil, why are you wearing a ring?" Crap, I was trying mine on and forgot to take it off "Uh..its my dads ring, I uh found it and tried it on.." I was a horrible liar, dans dad noticed how nervous I looked "Oh I see a friend of mine outside I'm going to go say hi" he lied nudging me before leaving "Why is everyone acting so strange today" Dan said, I took a deep breath and grabbed Dan's hand "stand up" I said "Why?" He asked "Please just trust me" and he did as told, I took another deep breath and got down on one knee Dan looked at me shocked everyone was staring at us "What are you.." But I cut him off "Dan,you're my first love, I never loved anyone, I didn't think anyone could ever love me. I was in a dark place and even when I was at my worst you never gave up on me, you saved me from falling and ruining myself. I love you so much, I know we're young but all I care about is that we love each other" I pulled the ring out "Daniel James Howell,will you marry me?" The room was full of silence Dan nodded and I stood up and he kissed me and wrapped his arm around "Yes, without a doubt yes" I smiled and put the ring on his finger, the entire restaurant clapped, Dan blushed and I bowed before sitting back down. "Why is everyone staring?" Dan's mum asked confused when she came back "Mum, Phil proposed.. And I said yes" Dan said happily he had tears in his eyes, she put her hand over her mouth "My little baby is getting married? I'm so happy for you" she said hugging Dan. "So I'm guessing everything went alright?" His dad asked coming back "You knew?" Dan asked "Yeah he asked for my permission" Dan looked at me and gave me a sweet smile I knew he'd like it if I asked. "Wait why didn't I know?" His mum asked "Because you'd struggle to keep this secret" his dad joked "hey! Well yea true " she agreed laughing. We had random people come up to us and congratulate us, Dan was blushing the entire time. Dan's father ordered champagne to celebrate, Dan wasn't allowed alcohol due to his condition but his dad offered me a glass but I declined "Why not?" He asked, I didn't know what to say "Well Ben was always drunk so I prefer not to drink" I lied "Well its just to celebrate but I respect that, I'll order soda for you" he smiled. Dan squeezed my hand and gave me a small smile he knew the real reason, I promised him and I love him so much that I will keep it. Now all that's left is to tell my dad.

.

.

.

.

.

.
We had so many pheels while typing this omg!! Anyways enjoy!! Xx