Chapter 40

*Phil's POV*

I was waiting for the doctor to give me my result from my regular check up, I had to have them for a while to assure that everything is okay. Dan's mum came and sat next to me, it looked like bad news "Phil honey, you have a heart disease" she said softly, I looked down at my lap "H-how bad is it?" I asked her "Well we can't say yet, but you can prevent it from getting bad" she explained "How?" I asked her "By remaining calm, stress will only make it bad, now you have to wear this, its a bracelet that'll people know about your condition" she said as she put it around my wrist and then handed me a bag of medicines "And these are important to take as well, do you understand?" And I nodded, I thanked her and left. I checked my phone and I had a text from Dan asking when I'll be home and a missed called from my dad, I texted Dan back saying I'm on my way and called my dad back. "Hey dad, I was at the doctors" I said "I wanted to ask about the appointment, how did it go?" I took a deep breath "I have a heart disease dad" I said and there was silence "No, there must be some kind of mistake" he said finally "I'm afraid not dad, but don't worry I just need to stay relaxed and I can prevent it from getting bad" I explained "Phil, you really need to take care of yourself" he whispered "Don't worry dad, I'm home now I'll see you sometime soon okay? Bye" and I hung up. Dan came downstairs he must have heard the door open "Hi bear" I smiled at him pulling him into a hug "How was your appointment?" He asked hugging me back, I had to wait for the right moment to tell him, but not now "It went fine" I lied "I was thinking that maybe we should go out on a date" I suggested and his face lit up "Yes! But when?" He asked "Today, we will leave in an hour. Dress fancy" I said pecking his lip.

We went to the restaurant where we celebrated Dan's birthday, I kept my first two buttons undone because I knew Dan would've made me unbutton them anyways. We had an amazing time at the dinner, no one stared, and we just had a great time. We got up to leave and then a little girl came running to me, I recognized her "Hiii! I remember you!" She smiled big "Do you?" I asked smiling and she nodded "Yes I remember you have the mark as me" she smiled, I bent down so I was face to face with her "And I remember you" I smiled "My name is Vanessa, what's your name?" She asked "My name is Phil. How old are you Vanessa?" I responded "I'm 4. Look I'm dressed like a princess" she giggled twirling around showing me her dress. "Vanessa there you are sweetie. I'm so sorry again" her mother came, she looked quiet young "That's not a problem, she made my day actually. I'm Phil" I smiled "I'm crystal" she shook my hand and looked at Dan "Oh sorry, I'm Dan" he smiled and she smiled at him. "Dan are you Phil's friend?" Vanessa asked "Actually I'm his fiancé" Dan smiled at her "You two are a lovely couple" Crystal smiled. "Vanessa I have something for you" I reached into my pocket and pulled out my mothers necklace, I wouldn't trade it for the world but I wanted this little angel to have it, I put it around her neck "There's a pretty necklace for a pretty princess" I smiled and she hugged me "Thank you! Phil can I play with you and Dan one day?" She asked "Of course, if that's okay with your mom" I said "Please mommy?" Vanessa pouted and Crystal nodded, wrote her contact information and gave it to Dan and he did the same. "Yay!!" Vanessa jumped with excitement and hugged me again "Sweetie be careful, you don't want to make him more ill now do you?" her mother said sweetly she must have seen my bracelet "You're still ill?" Vanessa asked sadly "I'm fine, don't worry. Now we will see each other soon okay?" I smiled and she nodded "Bye Dan, bye Phil" she said waving at us before we left.

"Babe what was that about? What did crystal mean?" Dan asked, he intertwined our fingers as we walked towards a cab "Its nothing Dan don't worry" I said sweetly "Please don't lie to me Phil" he said as we sat in the cab. I took a deep breath "I have a heart disease. I didn't want to worry you" I whispered "Well I'm  even more worried  now" he was teary, I pulled him close to me "Listen, I will be okay, I promise, your mum said I just need to relax and not take stress and it will prevent it from getting bad" I explained, Dan put his head on my chest "Your heart beat is irregular" he sobbed, I tilted is chin up so he was looking at me "But it's there, I promise I'll be fine" I whispered "It can't be cured Phil, it will kill you. Its terminal" he sobbed, I wiped his tears away "Listen to be bear. I need you to stay calm for me okay? That's the only way I can stay calm and can assure that I'll be okay" he nodded slightly. The cab stopped in front of our house and I payed the driver, Dan held my hand as we entered the house "Phil, can we just cuddle in front of the fireplace today?" He asked and I nodded, we changed into something comfortable and I set the fire and Dan brought blankets, he snuggled close to me and I kissed his forehead. "Phil, tell me the truth. Are you dying?" he asked, honestly I didn't know "Dan..." And he turned away he was about to get up but I pulled him back and held him close "All I've been told is that as long as I don't stress and will stay calm I will be okay. And to do that I need you to help me, can you do that?" I asked sweetly and he nodded. After a few moments of silence he spoke up "Its not just stress Phil, I can't get you too excited either" he said it so seriously, I couldn't help but laugh "its not funny Phil" he frowned and I kissed him softly "I'm sorry. But don't worry I can still get you excited" I winked and Dan laughed softly "Promise me you won't leave me Phil?" He asked, I kissed his shoulder "I promise you Dan" I whispered and stroked his cheek until he drifted off to sleep.

*Dan's POV*

After what Phil told me yesterday I was really scared, I was scared to lose Phil but I needed to stay calm for him, if that's what will keep him alive its what I will do. My phone buzzed, it was Nina "Hey Dan.. I decided I should tell Peter. Can I bring him by your place??" I responded instantly "Yes of course :)" I heard another buzz "Thank you I love you and Phil so much <3 we'll be there in 15 mins" I got up took a quick shower, I went back to the room and just layed on the bed in just my pajama bottoms "What's wrong?" Phil asked "Nina is bringing Peter over to tell him" I told him and he nodded "They should be here soon" I said. I had two things to worry about now, my pregnant friend and my fiancé who is possibly dying. I think Phil noticed that I looked stressed he got up on the bed and softly kissed my lips "You look hot" he whispered kissing my cheek and neck, he sucked at a spot on my neck leaving a mark and then kissed my collarbone, he then kissed down my chest and stomach I let out a soft moan "That's new" I whispered and he smirked at me and then kissed my v-line "Guys close the door next time!!" Peter stood there shielding his eyes "Dude call next time" I rolled my eyes and Phil laughed "Nina is downstairs, she said she has something important to say" Peter said before heading down. Phil walked behind him, I put on a shirt and followed. Nina was sitting on the couch opposite to Peter "Okay so what do you have tell me?" Peter asked, I sat down next to Nina and nodded, she took a deep breath "Peter, I'm pregnant with your baby" she said and he sat in shock "W-what?" He asked "I wasn't sure at first and I was so scared so Dan took me to the clinic but now I'm sure" she had tears in her eyes. There was a moment of silence "Please say something" Nina whispered "I-Im sorry Nina. I don't think this will work" He said finally "What the fuck Peter" I raised my voice, Nina looked down, tears were streaming down her face "I can't take care of a child!" Peter yelled. "That baby is half of you Peter! She's carrying your baby" Phil spoke up "I'm not parent material" peter said plainly "You're a real dick" I said coldly "I-I have to go,I'm sorry" and he left. I hugged Nina as she cried, Phil came over to us and comforted her "You have us, we will help you through this" he said softly "T-thanks.." She whispered "Do your parents know?" I asked her "M-my parents are dead. I live with my uncle who hates me, I didn't tell because I didn't want any one feeling bad for me" she sobbed and I hugged her tighter. "I-I need to go home, thank you for helping" Nina whispered as she got up, I was about to open my mouth to stop her but something happened. "D-dan ." I heard Phil say in pain, he fell on his knees grabbing his chest "N-no P-phil.." I ran to his side "Nina call an ambulance now!"

.

.

.

.
Sorry for the cliffhanger! I know its frustrating but will update tomorrow ;)