XLIX

Jeno turned around and separated himself from the other guy as soon as he heard Jaemin's voice.

'Baby, I-'

Jaemin didn't let him speak. He used all his strength to throw his first against Jeno's cheek, making him stumble backwards.

'Don't you 'baby' me!' He looked at the other male who stood awkwardly there and immediately threw himself in his arms. 'I-I missed you so much, Injunnie!'

Renjun felt Jaemin squeezing the air out of him to the point where he thought his ribs would break, nonetheless he hugged back and kissed his cheek.

'I missed you too, Nana...'

Jaemin let everything out and cried, hiding his face on Renjun's shoulder. Jeno tried to join, but Jaemin raised his leg and kicked him on the stomach to prevent him from touching Renjun.

'You're an asshole! You didn't tell me he was here!' He yelled at Jeno. Then, he turned his face to look at Renjun again. 'Where were you?! I-I was worried something had happened to you, baby!'

'I'm sorry, Nana, I-'

'I told him not to tell you...' Renjun interrupted Jeno's apology. 'He found out by accident I had to leave to do something and I asked him not to tell anyone, specially you, because I knew you'd be worried... But don't worry, I'm back! I did what I had to do, tomorrow we can go back home together.' He spoke softly.

Jaemin cupped his cheeks and pecked Renjun's lips softly. Then, he glared at Jeno.

'You get no kisses as a punishment for keeping this from me!' He reproached the older.

'But-'

'No buts!'

They stood in a comfortable silence for a while in the garden, none of them saying a word, until Jeno spoke up.

'Renjun...'

'Yeah?'

'Are you sure you don't want me... to turn you into a vampire?' He asked softly.

'My answer is still no, Jeno.'

Jaemin wanted to protest, but Renjun didn't let him.

'I find it really amazing that vampires can live longer and are much stronger, I'm really happy for you two because you will live for many years and won't have to worry much about health. However, I don't want to stop being human. I don't want to be a vampire.'

'Why? You know Jeno can easily turn you into a vampire, just like he did with me. We can live many many years together, Injunnie! You know we love you so much-'

'I know, Nana, but I don't want to. I want to grow old. I'd much rather live less than a hundred years than live up to three hundred years. I want to live and die as a human. It's not because of you, it's a personal choice. I'm doing this for myself, because I want to experience what all humans experience. I want to get sick, I want to feel pain, I want to get old, I want to be able to taste human food, I want to get cold, all those things I wouldn't be able to do if I was a vampire.'

'B-but-' Jaemin said in between sobs. He wanted to beg Renjun to be a vampire like them. He wished they could live together for a very long time. The three of them.

'Please, Jaemin, respect my decision... Trust me, I've thought of it several times. I just... I don't want to be a vampire. Not because I don't like you, I just feel it wouldn't be the same. I know I won't live as much as you two, but we can enjoy those years together, can't we? Please, Jaemin and Jeno, don't insist anymore.'