LII

Jisung offered Chenle a glass of water, which the shorter took without protesting. Chenle was looking down, avoiding at all costs making eye contact with the vampire. He was partly frustrated the taller insisted on being nice to him and partly happy he felt Jisung still had feelings for him. A part of him wanted to be selfish and wished the vampire would never stop loving him, but his rational self was yelling at him for not achieving his original goal of making Jisung hate him.

He held the glass for a while and the chugged down all of its contents without batting an eye. He felt the taller's gaze on him, but decided to ignore it.

They stayed in silence for a while, until Jisung decided to speak.

'Why are you not looking at me?'

Chenle didn't answer. He finally looked at Jisung in the eyes and handed him back the empty glass.

Jisung wanted to apologize for what he was about to do. He wanted to beg the older to return his feelings. He wanted to yell at him that no matter how hard he tried, he would never get rid of his feelings. He had tried numerous times to do so himself, and so far hadn't succeeded.

They stared at each other, and suddenly Chenle's eyes started failing him. Jisung's face was blurry and he felt his head spinning.

'W-what the fuck did you g-give me?!' He yelled as he placed his hands on his temples, trying his best not to give up and close his eyes.

'I'm sorry...'

'Y-you fucking psy... cho...' And those were his last words before losing his consciousness and landing on Jisung's arms.

Jisung couldn't resist the urge to caress the human's hair softly and kiss his cheek. He got up, carefully lifting the older who, much to his surprise, wrapped his legs around his waist and his arms around his neck unconsciously. He cooed at the human's actions.

How are you so soft when you sleep, yet so untameable when you're awake?

He carried the human outside the room and Taeyong went near him as soon as he saw him.

'Give me the human. I'll carry him.' Taeyong motioned for him to pass him the human.

Jisung wanted to give Chenle to the older, but no matter how much he tried, the human wouldn't let go of him. He didn't want to hurt Chenle, but the more he moved, the tighter he held onto Jisung. Taeyong got fed up with it and snatched the human from him, making Chenle whine in his drug induced sleep.

'Where are we meeting the humans?' Jisung asked. He waited for Taeyong's response, but instead felt a par of arms sneaking around his body and restraining him from moving.

'We are meeting the humans. You're staying here.' Taeyong said emphasizing the 'we'.

'W-what?! Why?! I want to come too!' Jisung said as he tried to free himself. 'Jeno, let me go!'

'Jisung, we both know you would just be a nuisance if you came with us. If the humans cause too much trouble, well kill him. And we don't want you to interfere. It's the best for all of us, so you just stay here with Jaemin and Jeno.' Taeyong said as he carried the human like he was a sack of potatoes.

Jisung wanted to release himself from Jeno's grasp, but the pure blooded was stronger than him and had Jaemin by his side, who looked at him empathetically.

'You... You're going to kill him, aren't you?! Taeyong, if you kill him I won't ever forgive you!'

Taeyong ignored the younger's words and left with Chenle on his shoulder, followed by Jaehyun and Doyoung.