six.

!

lani was and always has been a little petty so to go along with that she decided to dress up a little extra for her cafe work time, obviously it wasn't going to be noticeably extra to people who didn't know her.

but the girls were going to notice and she didn't care so she changed into the outfit and had a few seconds of admiration in the mirror before she walked to the bathroom, she did her skin care routine then some makeup and straightened her hair.

.

.

she grabbed her phone and bag then headed downstairs and out her house locking the door behind before hopping into her car, she vibed by herself listening to some nicki minaj because how else could she boost her confidence up to feel like she was on top of world.

when she eventually arrived at the cafe she grabbed her things and hopped out her car with a smile on her face, when she walked in the girls turned to her and obviously noticed her extra outfit.

"okay ma'am." tilly stated with a smirk while lani chuckled, "who are you so dressed up for?" josephine mumbled and raised a brow, "i'm miss petty, so zion." lani responded with a smirk, "but also for myself because i look amazing." she added and smiled.

"okay miss pretty and petty, you want your regular coffee order?" roxi asked smiling and lani chuckled with a nod before she sat down at a table and placed her bag down then walked up to the till and paid just as zion and the guys walked in, zion didn't look too happy today but not like lani cared.

when she paid she proceeded to walk back to her table but got in the way of zion accidentally, "move woman." he demanded and she furrowed her brows, "that's not very nice." she mumbled while he looked down at her unamused before he sighed, "please." he said and she smiled then moved to the side and he walked past.

she sat down at her table with a smile while josephine giggled under her breath, lani got her laptop out her bag and opened the magazine's she downloaded last night while zion was lowkey staring her down from afar but she knew he was, she could feel his eyes on her.

of course he remembered their night because how could he forget, so she definitely made it memorable and her looking extra fine today made him slowly regret leaving the morning after because they could've made some more memories and she was fun to talk to.

"zi just go talk to her." edwin said obviously noticing his friend staring lani down, "what- no." zion mumbled snapping back to reality, "why not?" brandon questioned with a raised brow, "because we just had a one night stand, nothing more." he stated bluntly and the guys just rolled their eyes.

"lani." roxi called out so lani looked up and made eye contact with zion, he didn't look away because he wasn't ashamed so she smirked and stood up then walked past him and smiled at roxi as she grabbed her drink, "staring won't give you the power to see through my clothes." she mumbled as she walked past zion and back to her table.

he scoffed and watched her walk, "i wish." he smirked and she heard it so when she sat down and made eye contact with him again she sent him a wink, "just go talk to her, fuck." edwin mumbled and shoved zion, "we're waiting for our drinks anyway." brandon added so zion took a deep breath and nodded.

so he walked up to her and sat down on the chair opposite her, she looked up at him and with a raised brow a little confused as to why he was sitting there, "hey." he mumbled with a smirk, "got tired of staring?" she asked and he scoffed, "something like that." he said while she nodded.

"nice." she said and looked back at her laptop, "that's not very social of you." he mumbled so she looked back up at him, "i'm not social to begin with, especially with guys who break their promises." she stated then took a sip of her coffee while he raised a brow.

"what promise did i break?" he questioned and she smirked, "the one where you promised to stay the night on saturday." she answered with a fake smile and he nodded, "yeah my bad, i had a busy day on sunday so unfortunately i had to leave early." he stated and she raised a brow.

"so busy you couldn't leave a note? or your phone number before you left? or was it because you just wanted sex and that's all." she mumbled and he was left a little speechless, "and there's my answer, thanks." she said with a nod before she looked back down at her laptop.

"i thought it was just going to be a one night stand, a casual club hookup." he stated like that was going to make him look better in her eyes, "right, we didn't discuss that part." she said still not looking at him, "i'm sorry." he mumbled and she nodded.

he sighed and stood up then walked back to his friends while she continued working, "why are you back?" edwin questioned with furrowed brows, "she's not exactly happy with the fact that i left sunday morning after i said i'd stay the night so i don't want to bother her." he stated and sighed.

"yeah i'm not surprised, i don't know why you left if you said the night was so magical." brandon mumbled while zion shrugged, "guys your drinks are ready." tilly called out so they all got their drinks and gave tilly a smile before they headed out the door.

but when they got into zion's car zion decided to shoot his shot with lani.. again, "i'll be right back." he mumbled getting out the car leaving the guys confused as he walked back into the cafe, "lani give me your number." he stated placing his hands on her table and looking down at her.

"and what makes you think you deserve?" she questioned as she looked up at him while the girls watched and listened on the low, "saturday night, you had fun didn't you?" he mumbled with a smirk, "i don't know if that's a good enough reason." she said and raised a brow.

"you don't want to repeat it?" he asked and smirked, "is the sunday morning included with it?" she questioned with a raised brow, "lani just give him your fucking number." roxi mumbled with gritted teeth and zion chuckled, "fine." lani sighed and softly smiled before he handed her his unlocked phone.

she typed in her number and contact name then took a quick selfie as a contact photo before texting herself and handing him his phone back, "thank you beautiful." he mumbled smiling, "i'll text you later." he added and she raised a brow, "i'll believe it when i see it." she stated and he scoffed then turned to roxi and flash her a wink to thank her for telling lani to give him her number before heading out the cafe.

"he just- i think i just malfunctioned." roxi mumbled and the girls laughed before they got back to work while lani saved zion's phone number in her contacts and changed his name so she knew it was him, and now only god knows if he'll actually text her or forget.

!