twenty seven.

!

it was monday afternoon and lani's parents were sitting on the couch waiting for naya to come over, while lani was in the kitchen opening a wine bottle mainly for herself but also for naya and her parents.

when naya finally arrived lani was handing her parents their glasses of red wine, "where's my wine glass?" naya questioned removing her shoes, "right here with mine." lani stated smiling pointing to two wine glasses on the table, "okay thanks." naya said happily as she sat down next to her father while lani sat by herself on the couch chair.

"is zion coming over?" naya asked then took a sip of her wine, "no, but we have been texting basically all day today." lani stated smiling as she reached over for her wine glass, "of course you have." naya mumbled and shook her head so lani chuckled with a nod.

"well why don't you ask him to come over? i'd like to actually get to know my daughter's boyfriend." marcus stated smiling, "boyfriend?" naya mumbled with a raised brow so lani subtly shook her head at naya but her mother noticed, "why are you shaking your head? and why doesn't naya know you have a boyfriend?" tessa questioned and furrowed her brows.

so lani sighed and decided to just quit the fake relationship, "because that's the closest thing he is to me." lani stated with a nod, "but he's not boyfriend?" marcus asked and lani shook her head, "no, he doesn't want relationships so we're both single but not really." lani explained with a sigh.

"not really?" tessa mumbled which is why lani just wanted to call zion her boyfriend instead of explaining their relationship, "we're not dating but we're also not fully single, like a talking stage of a relationship." lani stated and both of her parents still looked confused.

"they basically have a deal to not have sex or talk to anyone else in that way while they're together, but they're not dating, they're like friends who have sex and hang out like a couple." naya explained because she's always a little more straightforward with everything, "that." lani said with a nod and a smile.

"so you just called him your boyfriend because that's the easiest way to describe him to us?" marcus asked and lani nodded, "who's idea was it?" naya questioned with a raised brow, "mostly his, although he did suggest husband at first." lani mumbled and shrugged, "then why didn't you go with that?" naya asked with a smirk.

"he does have a nice last name so i'm lowkey regretting not going with it." lani said and chuckled, "so he doesn't do relationships but wants to be your husband?" naya questioned and lani nodded, "it all started because jackie from work suggested he leaves me to get with her, and he called me his wife." lani explained smiling.

"and he's already told his family about me, so call me leilani valeria kuwonu." lani stated with a smirk and naya chuckled, "invite him over, to marry you he's got to have my blessing first." marcus said smiling, "dad with all the respect i have in me, i highly doubt zion will be asking anyone for any blessings." naya mumbled and shook her head.

"and who asks for blessings these days? i don't even care for a ring, take me on a date and ask is all i need." lani stated as she grabbed her phone off the coffee table, "and the whole wedding ceremony is so old-fashioned, i'd just skip to the honeymoon." naya added with a nod, "save all the money from the wedding ceremony and go somewhere expensive, and in first class." lani said smiling.