twenty three.

!

it was reasonable to say lani wasn't in the best mood this morning and neither was zion, his hand was still in pain but he made sure it wasn't broke which it thankfully wasn't, but he still didn't get out of bed to clean in.

the guys called him several times but he ignored their calls until he got annoyed and picked up brandon's call, "what?" he questioned sharply, "are you picking us up?" brandon asked noticing his attitude, "no, i'm not working today, you guys are in charge of the club." he stated before suddenly ending the call and laying back in bed.

so the guys decided to give him his space and called an uber to get to the cafe, lani was up earlier so she decided to head to the cafe too, and she hoped to see zion there to talk things out like they did last time.

.

.

after changing she walked to the bathroom and did her skin care routine then decided to skip makeup and tied her hair in a low ponytail before she walked downstairs, she grabbed her bag and phone then headed out her house and hopped into her car before driving to the cafe.

she didn't know exactly what she'd say to zion but she didn't want to split up like he said, she didn't play any music because she just wasn't in the mood for it so she drove in silence.

when she got to the cafe she noticed zion's car nowhere to be seen so she thought he wasn't there yet and walked in but then saw brandon and edwin, "hey lani." roxi said noticing the girl, "hey, where's zion?" she asked the guys, "oh he said he wasn't working today and ended the call on me." brandon stated and shrugged.

she sighed with a nod, "what's happening?" josephine asked as she stood by the cash register, "nothing, i just want my regular." lani said and smiled at josephine, "okay, but you're lying." josephine stated with a raised brow as lani handed her card to her, "it doesn't matter." she mumbled and shook her head while josephine swiped her car and handed it back.

"do you know why he's got an attitude?" brandon questioned with a raised brow, "kind of, but i'll just text him later and sort it out." she stated with a soft smile and the guys nodded, "good luck with that, he wasn't in the mood to talk to us." edwin said and sighed.

"well he's going to talk to me whether he wants to or not." lani smiled and the girls chuckled, but they changed topics and lani was in deep thought on how she was going to get zion to talk to her if he didn't want, he is a very stubborn man but she's stubborn too so she'd find a way somehow to make him talk.

when she got her coffee she headed to work because she still had to go there and chase the bag, she still wasn't in the mindset of socializing so she just waved at jace, sophia, elise and jocelyn who stood in reception then walked to her office and began working so she could finish faster.