forty six.

!

lani slept peacefully beside zion, her head on his chest and his arm draped over her waist, the moment was perfect.. before it was rudely interrupted by a phone call.

it immediately woke lani up from her slumber and she leaned over to see her manager's name lightened up on her phone, she quickly grabbed it and sat up, "yes?" she mumbled politely trying to get out of the sleepy haze.

"hi lani, i know you have a day off but i really need all our head of department's to come in today, it's to organize everything for next week so do you think you'd be able to come in for the next hour or two?" kerri asked and lani let out a mental sigh, "yes that's fine, i'll be there soon." she answered happily, "that's amazing, thank you." kerri responded before the call was ended and lani slumped back onto the bed.

zion shuffled closer to her and laid his head on her chest, "what's wrong?" he asked even though he was only partly awake, "i need to go into work for an hour or two, kerri asked." she stated and sighed, "i'll drive you there." he mumbled then lifted his head up and kissed her cheek.

she want nothing more than to stay in bed with zion till midday but clearly fate had a different calling, "thank you baby." she said and cuddled up to him for just a minute, "i love you." he whispered and she smiled, "i love you too." she replied then kissed his cheek.

soon they were both leaving the warm sheets, both of them were still fully nude from the night before so they put on their underwear garments then zion chnage into his clothes from yesterday while lani looked through her closet for an outfit.

when he was changed he sat on her bed admiring his girlfriend who was looking through her clothes, he almost immediately noticed the slight tremble in her legs from last night and caused a smirk to spread over his lips.

"are you going to wear heels?" he asked as he stood up and walked up behind her, "yes." she stated while his hands landed on her waist, "are you going to be able to walk in them?" he mumbled and she sighed, "yes i will, zion." she answered with a nod.

"are you sure? because i can see your legs aren't as steady as they were before last night."

"i'll be fine."

"okay but if you break an ankle then don't say i didn't warn you."

"i'm warning you now to step away before i kick your ankle."

he chuckled while she spun around to him with hooded eyes, "where did the attitude come from?" he asked with a smirk and she sighed, "i just don't want to go to work, but it won't be long so hopefully i'll be back in bed soon." she stated and turned back to her closet.

after picking out an outfit she began changing, zion on the other hand went to brush his teeth and wash his face while he waited, and soon she was changed and feeling great.. to a certain extent.

.