nine.

!

another day and a day closer to friday, lani couldn't believe she was actually excited to hang out with someone who isn't her best friend but she was happy and definitely curious as to why, other than the fact she'd be having a lot of fun.

never in her life before was she excited to meet up with someone new that much, he was definitely mysterious and a little confusing at times but also very different from the men she's been with before so it was a nice surprise.

.

.

either way she had to get to work, so she changed then walked to her bathroom to do her skin care routine along with brushing her teeth and applying some makeup before she put a loose braid into her hair just so she didn't have to fight the wind later trying to get hair off her face.

and when she ready she headed downstairs to grab her bag before she headed out her house, she vibed to some kehlani on the way to work because that's a great way to start anyday.

when she arrived and hopped out her car her phone began to ring so she reached into her bag and saw it was zion, so she picked, "yes?" she mumbled closing her car door, "are you at work?" he asked and she was a little confused, "i just arrived, why?" she questioned with a raised brow.

"i just want to talk, i'm bored." he said bluntly and she chuckled, "are you not going to the cafe to get your coffee?" she asked walking into the building, "i already did and i'm on my way back home." he stated happily, "the guys aren't with you?" she questioned with furrowed brows.

"you ask too many questions beautiful, and no i went alone because the guys are busy with things today so that's why i'm bored." he stated and she smiled, "oh what a bummer." she mumbled with a chuckle, "unless you wanna skip work to hang out with me." he said and she scoffed.

"unfortunately i'm chasing the bag so i can't, sorry." she stated just as she made it to her office, "it's okay i understand, but you can still talk to me right?" he asked which made her smile hard as ever, "of course, until lunch then we have to text." she stated and he was okay with it so they got talking while her computer loaded up.

"i have a question." he mumbled while she logged on, "go for it." she said typing her password in, "do you have any social media?" he asked and she smiled for some reason, "i do, i have instagram." she responded opening her work for today, "can i follow you?" he mumbled and she could sense his smirk through the phone.

"if you want, it's lei.lani and i have a selfie as a profile picture so you'll know." she stated smiling, "i found it." he mumbled a minute later so she came off the call screen and went onto instagram, "zion kuwonu?" she asked which just gave him stomach butterflies for some reason, hearing his full name said perfectly by her.