46: 1994; Official Or Not

Y/N'S POV

Sunday, February 20

"When you fall in love, it is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then it subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots are to become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part." He read.

We were in the Hufflepuff common room cuddling, him reading from this romantic book for the both of us.

He stopped his lecture.

"What is it?" I asked, looking up at his face.

"Y/N, for me it is inconceivable that we ever part. Can we make this official?" He asked me, slightly nervous, but with a warm smile.

"I don't want to rush things, let me think about it okay?"

"All the time you need." He said, putting a small kiss on my forehead.

He kept reading while playing with my hair softly.

I did want us to be official, but I kind of doubted. I was scared. Scared he didn't actually love me or even like me. I mean how would it be possible. We were so mean to each other in the past. I needed advices.

"Hey Draco, want to meet up later, I promised Cedric I'd hang out with him."

"Sure, see you tonight." He said smiling.

We got up and he left while I went up the stairs to the boys dormitories.

"Ced!" I said, entering his room.

"What's going on?" He asked, surprised.

"I need your help."

"What is it?" He said, patting his bed, telling me to come sit.

"Draco asked me out, like he wants us to be official."

"Well it's normal, since you guys kissed the night of the party, you've been with each other every second of the day, laughing in the hallways and looking like an extremely happy couple. It's normal that he wants to formalize things. No?"

"Well yes of course! But the thing is I'm scared. What if Harry's right and he doesn't actually love me and he's going to break my heart. I do want to be with him, but I'm concerned."

"Can I tell you a secret that you cannot tell to anyone? Especially not Harry." He said.

"Yes of course."

What could it be?

"Look... Draco and I used to see each other-"

"What?!" I cut him.

"Let me explain. Last year, we talked one time and it came to the topic that we were both questioning our sexuality. We agreed to see each other and explore this side of us. He was my awakening, he made me realize I like boys. I fell in love with him, but for him I was just a game. Before you, I've been the closest person to Malfoy and I've never seen him look at me nor anyone the way he looks at you. He's sweet around you, it's like he's a whole new person. He's bi, but he's still in the closet so don't tell anyone I said that."

"Oh my god Ced."

"So if you want my opinion, he's madly in love with you and you should go get your man." He said pointing the door.

"Hm thanks Cedric..." I sais, still a little bit shocked.

I ran out of his room and went over to the Slytherin common room. I knocked and Crabbe opened the door.

"Hm hi, is Draco here?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes and was about to close the door when I heard Draco's voice.

"Crabbe let her in!" He shouted.

"Are you kidding me? A Hufflepuff in our common room?!" Crabbe said.

"Let her in!" He repeated.

Crabbe moved out of the way and I sat next to Draco.

"I want to be with you." I said locking eyes with him.

DRACO'S POV

A big smile came across my face, I cupped her face with my hands and kissed her.

"I'm really happy." I said.

"I am too." She murmured.

"Want to go for a walk outside the castle?" I asked.

"Yes!"

We got up, her hand in mine and we exited the castle. The sun was out and it was a great day, except for the fact that tomorrow was Monday. A lot of students were outside and everyone was looking at us. It's been like this for the past few days. We saw Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"Hey Y/N!" Hermione shouted.

"Hi!" She answered.

"Don't talk to her!" We heard Harry say to Hermione.

"Oh come on mate, she's our friend!" Ron said, rolling his eyes.

"Maybe she's yours, but she's not mine. She's a traitor."

I saw Y/N's face fall down as he spoke those words.

"Don't listen to him." I whispered in her ear, before we kept walking.

"I don't think he'll ever come around." She said.

"Remember Ginny? She did come around, Potter will too." I said, dragging her in my arms.

"He will." I said again, kissing the top of her head.

Author's note

The first paragraph is from the book 'Captain Corelli's Mandolin' by the author Louis de Bernières. I did not write it!