6: 1993; Potions Y/N

Y/N'S POV

Thursday, September 2

I woke up and got into my uniform. I was excited for my first classes! I put on some light makeup and got in the common room. I was so busy looking at my schedule that I bumped into a tall guy, fell and dropped all my books and papers. I looked up as the guy made a sorry face. He got down and started to pick up my papers. He then gave me his hand to help me get off the ground. He smiled at me.

"Potions, first period of your first day of your first year at Hogwarts. I see." He said while looking at my schedule.

I laughed a little. "It looks like it. Is it bad?"

"Well not exactly bad, the teacher's just a bit strict that's all. Do as he says and you should be alright." He said, laughing a little.

"I'm usually a good student so there shouldn't be a problem really."

"I'm sorry for bumping into you, it wasn't my intention. I'm Cedric Diggory by the way."

"Y/F/N."

"Yes I know! I mean- You're the new 3rd year right?" He said looking at the ground with a nervous smile.

"Yes I am, is it that obvious?" I asked while making an unsure face.

"No don't worry! You're doing great, I just remember you from the sorting ceremony!" He said with a smile.

"I see." I said, looking at the ground, blushing.

How the hell did this cute guy remember me?!

"I have a free period this morning I could walk you to your class if you'd like? It's your first year so maybe I could help you find your way through the castle you know." He proposed.

"That would be amazing, thank you so much!"

We started walking through the castle. We got in the moving stairs and I lost my balance for a split second. His reflexes were pretty quick because he instantly grabbed my arm so I wouldn't fall. I smiled at him and softly took my arm away from his hand.

"Sorry about that. I'm just a very tactile person." He said, blushing.

"Don't worry it's okay." I said while smiling at him.

We talked while getting to my class. The conversation was just so easy with him. It felt like we knew each other for a very long time. We turned a corner and Malfoy bumped into me.

"Watch where you're going!" He said before he left.

"I think the ground likes you today!" Cedric said while laughing a little.

He helped me pick up my stuff again and we just laughed about it.

"Honestly, don't mind Malfoy he's just an arse."

"I don't mind him, I just think it's funny honestly." I said

"I like the way you think! Because honestly, if you start to take it personally with Malfoy you're just going to hurt yourself."

We got to my potions class. We said goodbye and I got inside.

I saw Hermione sitting next to Harry and Ron next to a blonde girl I never saw before. She looked at him quite often and he just wasn't very comfortable I think.

As the only people I knew in this class were already seated with someone I sat alone. I looked at the time and the class was about to start, but the teacher wasn't there. But then 9:00 am showed on the clock and a tall, dark haired man walked in the room. His mid-long hair caught in the wind he was making by walking so fast. He got at the front and turned towards us dramatically.