75: 1994; Thoughts

Y/N'S POV

Monday, January 8

The past four days had been odd but not necessarily painful. Draco and I didn't look or speak to each other and I thought it was fine the way it was. The less I saw him, the less I had to think about him and the whole situation.

"Don't you have potions with him in second period today?" Cedric asked me, sitting in front of the fire to face me.

"Yes I do. It's going to be the first class we have together since we came back, therefore since we broke up." I said, scribbling in my astronomy notebook, not looking up to meet Ced's eyes.

"How do you reckon all of this will go?"

"We're able to act politely with each other, we're not some kind of animals."

"Yes I know, but it's probably going to be awkward no?"

"I guess."

"Well, I'll go to the Great Hall to try and catch a bite before class, are you coming?" He asked.

"Nah, I'll stay here for a little longer."

"Okay, see you later!" He stated, getting up, snatching his bag and leaving.

A couple of minutes later, Hydra walked down the stairs.

"Good morning." She smiled to me.

"Hello, how are you?"

"Good and you?" She asked, taking place next to me.

"I'm feeling alright." I said, my head still in my notebook.

"You don't seem alright." She said, turning sideways to look at me.

I made a long pause, then sighed.

"Do you think I made the right decision?"

"What? With Draco?"

"Yeah... I mean he didn't mean to harm me." I expressed, finally closing my notes.

"Yeah, but he lied to you for a whole year, that's messed up. He should've did what you did with me." She said, raising a nice eyebrow.

I smiled and hugged her.

The first night we were back at the dorm, she asked about my mother. She thought she had disturbed the household by staying over and I had decided to tell her what my mum told me about her and Walburga. I thought it was unfair to Hydra to keep it from her, just like it was unfair to me not to know about Draco's father's opinions about me.

Obviously, she was glad I did it and since, I felt like our bond was even stronger.

"We should get to class." She said, breaking the silence I had brought up.

"Did you have the chance to eat?" I asked.

"No, want to pop by the kitchens, quickly?"

"Yes, I'm starving."

We walked quickly and asked the house elves for something easy and quick.

We ate the toasts they gave us, while walking towards the transfiguration class.

We entered and sat down at our usual place and talked while we waited for Professor Mcgonagall.

"Have you made peace with Ginny yet?" I asked.

"Not exactly. I've been trying to keep a low profile while with her and just slide in some nice comments here and there, but she didn't catch on. I really think she's the type of person to hold grudges."