20: 1993; Partners

Y/N'S POV

Sunday, September 26

This morning I woke up in the Gryffindor common room. I saw Luna who was still asleep. I closed my eyes again, trying to relax, we were Sunday after all.

"Y/N?? What are you doing here?" I heard someone almost yell.

I turned around still laying on the couch, it was Ron.

"Well after girls night Luna and I decided to sleep here, since it was past curfew."

"Oh okay."

"Luna? Y/N? What are you doing here?" Harry asked while coming down the stairs.

"Slept here, it was past curfew when girls night ended."

"Brilliant."

Luna and I both headed back to our common room to get changed. Then I went to the Great Hall for lunch since we had slept in for breakfast. As I was eating with Cedric, Malfoy came and sat next to me.

"Yes?" I asked with a little rude tone.

"Okay look, we both don't want to work together on this project for potions, but we have to. When should we meet up?"

"Meet up? We could just do our things on our own and then put it together."

"It's an oral presentation! We need to practice."

"You sound like Hermione."

"Are you kidding me?! I don't sound like this filthy little mudblood!"

"Do. Not. Call. Her. That." I said while giving him a very angry look.

"Anyway, who cares?"

"I do."

"Wathever. When?"

"Tomorrow night, I guess." I growled while rolling my eyes.

"Where?" He asked.

"Are you done with your questions?! I'm trying to eat!"

"Well I need to know where we'll work."

"Library!"

"We can't."

"And why is that?"

"Ma'am Pince will be closing right after class tomorrow. She told me earlier today."

"Argh, where then?"

"Slytherin common room."

"Fine."

He got up and left. I rolled my eyes.

"See! I'll have to work with this complete idiot."

"I do agree that he's stupid in general, but I have to give it to him, he's a pretty decent student at potions. And you're amazing at this class. I bet you guys will have a super good grade." Cedric said.

"Well I hope so."

Hermione and Ron entered the Great Hall and sat next to us.

"Hello." I said.

"Hi." They said in sync.

"Why was Malfoy talking to you?" Hermione said, with a concerned look.

"Wanted to know when we'd work on our project for potions."

"Ew, you're working with him?"

"It's not like I had much choice." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Well at least, he wants to work. Harry seems to think it doesn't really matter."

"Well, I'm with Lavender Brown and she said she would be glad to do everything. She said she likes to work."

"That's because she likes you." Cedric said.

"What would you know about that?" Hermione said.

"Well I'm not hanging out with you guys a lot, but each time I do, she always comes and talks to Ron in a flirty way."

"That's not tr-"

"Hiiii Ron!"

We all turned our head, it was Lavender.

"Hm hi." He responded.

"Soooo for the project I thought you could still come with me to see if you like what I do."

"I trust you with it."

"Don't worry you won't have to work or anything, just confirm you like what I doooo. And you know be there as a moral lifter!"

"Hm I don't know, depends when."

"Whenever you want!"

"Okay I'll see."

"Okay great! Byeee."

"I told you." Cedric said to Hermione.

She rolled her eyes, got up and left.

"Hey wait for me Hermione. Didn't you say you'd come to Hogsmeade with me today!" Ron said, following her.

Cedric and I looked at each other and started laughing.

"They're clearly into each other." Cedric said.

"But they won't admit it." I added.