Chapter 31: Surprise party

WASSSUP! How's life goin? Here's the awaited chapter 31! I really hope you guys like this one, I've been waiting to write this part since I started this book. Hope you like it! This might be a great one for you Jack and Ava shippers😏 Incase you guys don't get it, the italics is Ava's thoughts. Anyway,

Enjoy!

Chapter 31: Surprise party

My mind was fuddled up. It was filled with confusion and I had no idea what on earth was happening. This weird thing with Bryan was concerning me for some reason. I mean, couples fought right? It was a normal thing. Of course, we can't perfectly get along all the time. I guess Bryan was having some mood swings or something. Leah and Caleb suspected drugs, but I wasn't ready to believe that. It was probably just normal mood swings; I mean every teenager has them. I was just overthinking this.

I shook my head and tried to get on with the rest of the school day in peace. I didn't see Bryan anywhere the entire day, and him just disappearing on my birthday was just plain rude. Atleast I still had someone to talk to in English. Jack managed to keep me entertained the entire time, me laughing so hard I could barely breathe. Macklemore shot us more dirty looks than I could even count. I think he let it go since it was my birthday, he was pretty cool. The rest of the day went on great. Lunch was super fun with all my friends, and it was mac and cheese day in the cafeteria. Mac and cheese for breakfast and lunch? Jackpot.

The strenuous and boring classes went on, until it was time to go home. I sighed in relief as me and Alex walked down the corridor. "Thanks god school is finally over. I just want to go home and relax." I told him. He just raised his eyebrows at me. "Relax? Come on Ava your seventeen! Let's go have some fun."

"Like what?"

"I dunno, you like bowling, don't you? Let's go to the alley and have some fun. Food's on me."

I shrugged. "All right. Might as well have some fun." He turned to me with a wide grin. "Then what are you waiting for? Let's get out of here."

He grabbed my hand and dragged me outside, where we drove away from school and to the bowling alley. We listened to Golden by Harry Styles along the way, which was a pretty great vibe. When I first heard it, I didn't like it that much, but when you keep listening to it, it sounds great.

We reached the bowling alley pretty quick, and Alex pretty much sprinted out of the car in excitement. I looked at him confused. "What are you so happy about?" He just shrugged. "It's your birthday!"

I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes at him. "There's a surprise party for me isn't there?" He just looked at me faking shock. "What? No. I just want to go bowling with you."

I just rolled my eyes and played along, walking into the bowling alley behind him. Not to my surprise, everyone jumped out from behind different places, yelling out- "Happy birthday!"

Almost everyone I knew was there- Leah, Jack, Britney, Dean, Jake, Caleb, Luke, and Leo. I started to smile and try to put on a surprised face. "Wow, you guys did this for me? This is awesome thanks so much." I saw Caleb look at me suspiciously. "Alex gave it away didn't he?"

"He's almost as bad a liar as Dean."

Everyone laughed and cheered as they started to play. I was smiling myself, until I noticed someone standing in the corner I hadn't noticed before. I sighed and walked over to him.

"Hey."

"Hey." Bryan replied back, with a guilty look on his face. "Look, I'm sorry I acted that way in the morning, it's not me. It's your birthday and I should have been there for you. I've just had a lot on my mind. I promise I'll tell you everything later."