Chapter 22: Friend to a friend

Hey guys! I'm just full on dedication when it comes to writing these days for some reason. Wish I had even half of it to do math. Like trigonometry? Seriously? What a joke. Small Doses by Bebe Rexha on top. Idk, all of a sudden I'm listening to on repeat. Sounds like something Matt Steffanina would dance to lol. Anyway,

Enjoy!

Chapter 22: Friend to a friend

"Just put some ice on it, she'll be fine. Nothing major."

"All right, thank you so much."

"No problem."

Jack was talking to the nurse, who'd checked my leg out and said I was okay. Just a little ice would help with the slight swelling. I was lying on one of the beds, with my leg out in front of me, trying to keep it as elevated as possible. Jack waked back towards me and smiled. "Here, I got you some more ice. Looks like the one your using is melted."

He removed the ice pack from my leg and put the other one. I looked at him gratefully. "Thanks a lot Miller. You're awesome."

"That's my job Garcia. Being awesome."

"Your head in completely inflated isn't it?"

"Shut up."

I cracked a grin. "This isn't so bad. It doesn't hurt that much. Just a minor sprain."

"Shut up, and relax. You shouldn't have started playing so quickly after your hand recovered. The doctor told you."

"I'm fine Miller."

He just rolled his eyes and kept holding the ice pack on my leg. When the nurse finally let me go, it was the end of the school day, so the hallways were already almost empty. Jack and I walked out together. I walked to my car and made to sit in the driver's seat but Jack stopped me. "Oh, hell no Garcia. You aren't driving on that foot. Give me the keys."

"I'm fine!"

He just snatched the keys from my hand and got in the car. I sighed and walked around to get in the shotgun seat. Jack whistled as he started up the car. "Damn, this is an Audi a6. Pretty lit."

I shrugged. "When your mom's a rich ass, yeah."

"Wish I had an Audi. I just have a normal car."

"Seriously? How does it matter? It's just a car."

All of a sudden, Jack just shot out on the parking lot at a crazy speed. "Holy shit, are you crazy?"

"Sorry! I didn't realise the horsepower on this thing. Damn."

We rode the rest of the ride in a comfortable silence. Jack started tapping his fingers in the steering while. At first. I thought I'd just ignore it, but it got annoying. I'm pretty sure he was anticipating the question I wanted to ask him.

Finally, I couldn't take it any longer. "Will you cut that out?"

He looked over at me guiltily. "Sorry."

"You know your going to have to tell me what the hell just happened with you and Bryan right?"

He sighed and turned away. "It's complicated."

"Well, explain. Look, Bryan's actually a nice guy, you shouldn't have yelled at him like that."

Jack didn't respond, and just stayed silent. I tried to read his face, but he just kept his eyes fixated on the road. I waited. After a while he spoke.

"You don't know him like I do Ava. He's a very... emotional person. Sometimes, he goes out of control. He turns into this jerk, who doesn't give a crap about anyone. You should have seen him when he found out his mom died. He didn't know her that well, but it still hurt him. So, he started pushing away everyone around him. He played with my sister. He broke her heart. They were dating at the time, and he cheated on her. She was devastated, and I had to console my sister while he skipped off to Hollywood."