Chapter 24: Yay.

Sup guys. How's life going? Hope it's going better than mine cause my mid terms are in a week and I'm so screwed. Sorry for the late update tho. I prolly wont be able to update for the next 2 or 3 weeks, cause school sucks. I'm not sure if the ending of this chapter is exactly a cliffhnager but I hope it keeps y'all on your toes. Anyway,

Enjoy!

Chapter 24: Yay.

Bryan was looking at me in this weird way, his face awfully close to mine. It wasn't uncomfortable, it was just making my heart do loops around in my chest. I'm not good with closure. His hands on my face, me smiling at him and he at me. Bryan stopped talking and his gaze faltered. I stared at him for a second, wondering what happened. I was about to ask him what was wrong, when he kissed me.

Freaking Bryan Lewis freaking kissed me.

At first, I didn't know how to react. It was so sudden; I was still confused. I felt Bryan tense up, probably because I wasn't kissing him back. I was in shock mode. My senses finally woke up, and just as he was about to pull away, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me.

I felt him smile as he pulled away, his green eyes glinting in the sun. "You, Ava Garcia, are full of surprises. You scared me for a second there."

To prove my point, I pulled him towards me and kissed him again. I felt him smile into our kiss, his arms wrapping around my waist.

I slowly pulled away and let him go, turning around and grabbing a water. "I'm getting late; I have to check up on Luke. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Sounds like a plan."

I walked towards Jack's car, where I found him waiting for me, his face impassive. "Hey."

"Hey. I'll take you home?"

"Thanks."

I got into the shotgun seat and we drove off. I turned sideways to look at Jack who was determinedly not looking at me, and gripping the steering wheel so hard, his knuckles were turning white. "Jack? Are you okay?"

He didn't reply and kept his eyes on the road, like as if he couldn't hear me. He was about to drive into the wrong lane, almost going to crash into someone. "Jack?!" I shook his shoulder and he woke up, veering the steering wheel sideways and narrowly avoiding the other car, whose driver was swearing at us. "Miller, what the hell was that?!"

He looked at me apologetically, "I'm so sorry Ava, I wasn't concentrating. Let's just get you home safely."

"Hell no. I'm not getting another injury again."

"I'm really sorry! I'm a really good driver I promise."

I sighed. He gave me those puppy dog eyes that were too cute to resist. Sorry, but it's my weakness. "Fine."

"Thank you." Jack hit the gas pedal and this time he kept his eyes focused on the road. He pulled up in front of my house soon enough. "Looks like this is your stop Garcia."

"It is."

I smiled at him and made to thank him, but he spoke first. "So, you and Bryan huh?"

I stared at him. "What?"

He started to laugh. "Oh my god, your face! Relax, I saw you guys behind the vans."

I felt my face turn red, blushing like a crimson idiot. "You're never going to stop teasing me, are you?"

He spoke in a high-pitched voice- "Oh my god Bryan! Kiss me Bryan! I love you Bryan!"

I punched him in the shoulder. "Asshole."