Chapter 33: Memory

Hey guyss Took me a little longer this time, my math exam is in two days and I'm sooo screwed but atleast it's online. School had gone offline for a month which had actually been kinda fun, but then due to increase in covid cases it shut down again. Totally not loving tenth grade so far. This chapter is kinda sad I guess and it still needs to be edited but anyway,

Enjoy!

Chapter 33: Memory

I just stared at him, flabbergasted, as Jack just started laughing his ass off, literally sitting with his butt on the floor, hugging his stomach. "Hey! I'm serious! What's so funny in the idea of Bryan doing drugs?" I asked in annoyance. Once Jack managed to catch his breath he answered- "The very idea of Bryan doing drugs."

I punched his shoulder. "Well, Mr. cocky, the reason I asked you was because you claim to know Bryan so damn well."

"I do know him so damn well."

"Then tell me!"

Jack rolled his eyes. "I did just tell you. Trust me, he would sooner jump into a burning building than do drugs. He's always been one of those people who try to stay as healthy as possible. He's not going to ruin his perfectly toned body like that."

"Maybe he's changed to be worse. Whatever it is, I'm afraid It's going to end up with me breaking up with him."

Jack suddenly looked up from the ground, looking at me wide eyed. "What?"

I shrugged. "He's changed a lot lately. Of course, I like him, but I don't think it's working out."

Jack's face was expressionless, just staring at me and not moving. At first, I just stood there, but then it started to get creepy. I wasn't sure, but I think I saw a spark of happiness in his eyes. If what Leah had told me was indeed true, if he liked me, no wait, loved me, then obviously the idea of me and Bryan breaking up would make him happy. I could see he was trying to conceal it for my sake, but you can't blame him.

Jack blinked and returned to normal, and tried to reassure me. "Hey, whatever happens, I'm sure it'll all work out." He smiled and hugged me, and I was in shock. Most guys would probably grab the girl's face and try to kiss her right then and there. Jack did nothing of the sort. He told me he'd text me later and got into his car and left.

I felt the pendant around my neck, and stared after the car in awe. Well, that settles it. I know the answer to Leah's question now.

************

I crashed onto the living room couch, groaning into the pillow. I didn't see Leo or Luke anywhere around the house, so I assumed I was alone. Gah, why did life have to be an annoying of events? The only thing nice in my life right now was that I was earning nice money, which I really didn't care about at the moment. I had no clue what to do. Maybe I'll just go play a video game in the game room. I pushed myself off the couch and walked into the basement. I switched on the light and was about to go to get a video game when I saw Luke and a girl on the couch, his lips glued to hers.

The two of them jumped apart, Luke looking like a ghost, except for the lipstick all over his face. Ugh, what fourteen-year-old girl wears so much lipstick? I glanced at her and saw it was Leah's sister, the same girl Luke had said he was dating.

"Ava! What the hell are you doing here?" He asked, his face red and embarrassed. I almost wanted to laugh. "Uh, incase you haven't noticed little brother, this is my house too. Also, who on earth gave you permission to invite girls over?"

He looked at the girl, both of them beetroot red. "Well, we weren't going to do anything I swear-"

I gagged, nearly vomiting from the thought of my brother going at it with a girl. Ew, ew, ew absolutely gross. "Jeez Luke! You guys are fourteen! Get out of here and go eat pizza or something. No way I'm leaving you two alone."