Chapter 37: Lockdown

Hehehe I'm back. Whoops sorry for another cliff hanger. Kinda. I love writing cliffhangers for some reason. So much suspense lmao. On Purpose by mah queen Sabrina Carpenter up top. How can one girl be so damn pretty, like even without makeup. Anyway,

Enjoy!

Chapter 37: Lockdown

I was speechless. Quite literally, speechless. I had no clue what to say. I was still holding Jack in my arms, whose head was on my shoulder despite his taller frame. Before I could even open my mouth to respond, there was a loud crash from downstairs, which saved my ass. The two of us jumped apart, startled. "We better go see what that was." Jack said, suddenly sobered up. His face didn't show any kind of hurt, like he understood why I couldn't find the damn courage to open my mouth. Then he left.

I stood there on the balcony, with my mouth hanging open like a blinking idiot. Holy shit. Jack just said he loved me. Like loved me. Did I love him back? I had no idea. I was still with Bryan who still liked me. I don't want to break his heart. Yet at the same time, I just wasn't happy with him anymore. He used to make me smile and laugh everytime I was around him, now the only person who could do that was Jack. He... in a way of putting it...made me feel... safe. I don't know why it just did.

I had no clue how to reply to Jack. Now there was no going back. I mean, it could have been an I love you as a friend but I highly doubt it. It was pretty clear all over his face. I can still read emotions like that.

I shook my head and rushed downstairs to see what the hell happened. It was a pandemonium.

"Ugh, come on Britney some of us were trying to sleep here!" I heard Alex's annoyed voice yell. Britney had apparently fallen on one of the table lamps and shattered it. Caleb was running around frantically trying to clean it up, muttering under his breath. "My parents are going to kill me! Leah get rid of the empty beer bottles already!"

"I'm trying! Jake is so not helping!"

"Hey I am! You're the one trying to carry ten bottles at once like an idiot!" Jake snapped back. I rolled my eyes at the situation. "Guys, come on. Let's just get some sleep now. Some of you guys can come over to my place."

Leah, Bryan, Jack and Jake followed me over the fence, while Dean, Alex and Britney stayed with Caleb. I guess Bryan and Jack didn't know Caleb that well so it would be awkward for them to stay there. I was super glad Leah had also come because the tension was so thick, you need an axe to cut through it.

The entire situation between Bryan, Jack and I was beyond awkward. I didn't even know how to describe it. Poor Jack immediately crashed onto the couch, exhausted. I told Bryan and Jake to take the two guest rooms and Leah would crash with me. Everyone walked off except Bryan, who stood in the kitchen along with me, rubbing his arms. "Bryan? You not tired?" I asked in confusion.

"No, it's not that, I've just never been to your house before so..."

I blinked. The guy I've dated for nearly two months, has never been in my house? Now that I think about it, neither of us have been to each other's houses. Dang.

"Uh... I'm sorry, follow me."

I started walking up the stairs and I could feel Bryan's presence behind me. I wanted to take out the awkwardness from this situation, so I held out my hand behind me and smiled at him. He smiled back and gladly took my hand, tension dissolved. We almost seemed like friends actually, despite the sentiment. We entered the guest room and flicked the switch on. "Here. Hope it's cosy."

Bryan smiled at me gratefully. "Thanks." I left him and walked up to my room where Leah was passed out on the floor. I rolled my eyes and lifted her up with difficulty, and hauled her on to the bed, her hair all over her face. I sighed and made to go and sleep on the couch near one end of the room, when I heard a knock on the door. I walked over to open it and found Bryan waiting anxiously. "Hey, can I borrow you for a moment?" He asked. "Sure" I replied, stepping out and closing the door behind me. I waited for him to speak. "Ava look, we need to talk." I frowned at him. "That doesn't sound good."