Chapter 35: The truth

Your highness here with a super speedy update! Sorry for that last cliffhanger lol. This entire chapter is pretty much the discussion between Ava and her mom so yeah. It gets pretty intense, you have been warned. This part of the story is kinda a lot into like crime action and stuff but it'll be back to more teen fiction soon. Old Selena song on top I'd forgotten about. Anyway,

Enjoy!

Chapter 35: The truth

"I was wondering how long it would take you to come see your good old mom."

"You mean nothing to me."

She started laughing, a vile crazed laugh that made me shiver all the way down to the bone. "Oh honey, you can try to hate me all you want, but in the end, I know you love me." I scoffed. "Sure, keep telling yourself that. Whatever let's you sleep at night in this fucked up place."

I saw her eyes flash in anger for about zero point two milliseconds, and then she returned to her relaxed demeanour. "If you aren't here out of love, then why the hell are you here?"

"I have some questions for you. About your bullshit drug dealing business."

She folded her arms, revealing weird tattoos that she probably got in this prison. "Why the hell do you want to know?"

"That doesn't matter. Why the hell would you deal drugs, you're so famous, you have plenty of money. And don't give me shit about your reputation, you're already in prison and I'm pretty sure paparazzi followed me here."

She leaned over the table and looked me right in the eye. "How do you think I got so famous in the first place? I bribed people. For that, I needed money and here's where I got it." I was still confused. "Wait, so after you became famous, why the hell did you continue?"

"For fun."

I held in a groan, trying to hide my frustration. Wow, my mom had gone from a horrible person to an A class bitch. I guess that's what prison does to you. Makes terrible people even more terrible. I leaned back in my chair, looking unaffected. "All right. Tell me about dad."

My mom's eyes widened, and she straightened up in her chair. I fought the urge to smirk. I was in her head now, I know it. "In case you have a problem in hearing, why don't you answer the damn question." When she still didn't answer, I decided to provoke her a bit.

"That's when all this bullshit happened didn't it? When you lost the husband you supposedly care about. After he died, all you did was go out of the house and never come back, instead of being there for your own children. That's when the drugs started right? By all means, correct me if I'm wrong."

She gave me a death stare, and I waited until she finally opened her mouth. "Yes. Great, your so freaking smart. What else do you want?"

"Is there anyone in your system named Liam Davis?"

My mom looked at me in confusion. "Who?" I rolled my eyes. "Liam Davis. Does he godamn sell drugs for you or not? Weren't you one of the leaders of the biggest drug ring in the city?"

"Well yes, but I have no clue who the hell this- Liam, is."

I nearly sighed in relief. That means Liam wasn't dealing Bryan drugs. I mean, there could be other drug rings, but I highly doubt there was another in this part of the city. It's not exactly like you could order it on amazon. If not drugs, Bryan and Liam were probably just friends. Thank the gods.

My mom however, started grinning like she won an award. "What?" I snapped. "Oh, nothing. Is this... Liam, a friend of yours?" My eyes widened. "The hell? No, why are you smiling like a creep, what are you gonna do? Hurt him?" I said, trying to hide my fear.