Chapter 20: Squashed potato

WHAT IS UP Y'ALL! I'm backkkk! For the first time in my life, I wanna go back to school. I'm getting sick of sitting at home on my laptop all day. Ugh. Like how much homework can they give on one day? I changed my idea for this chapter like 3 times, so it took a while. I hope y'all enjoy it. Anyway,

Enjoy!

Chapter 20: Squashed potato

I walked into school to a million whispers. I know what they were thinking. "Isn't that the girl who got kidnapped?", "Omg, didn't her uncle try to kill her?", "She's the one who hit her head and broke her arm, and had to have her ass saved by Bryan Lewis?"

Okay people. I know. Don't have to shove it in my face and be cocky about it. I tried to ignore it, but it was impossible. Everywhere I went, it echoed like an anthem in my ears. I'd made up half my mind to wear ear plugs the entire day.

I walked into English by myself, keeping my head down. I found my seat in the second last row and sat down. Macklemore walked in and started teaching. I saw him give me a concerned look out of the corner of his eye, but he didn't bring it up. He kept teaching the class as usual.

Someone tapped me on my shoulder and I rolled my eyes. Wonderful.

"What do you want now Miller?"

He frowned at me. "Aw, come on Garcia. I just wanted to see how you were doing."

"I'm fine."

"I think you should know better than that. I know when you say you're fine, you aren't."

I turned back to the front, trying to tune him out. I wasn't in the mood for some pep talk. I just wanted to go to school like a normal high schooler, doing normal things.

"You can't keep ignoring me forever."

I kept looking in the front.

"Ava."

Still looking.

"I'm gonna start kicking your chair again."

I turned around, annoyed. "You wouldn't dare."

"I would."

I sighed, trying to find a way out of this situation. "Fine. We can talk after school okay? I have a lot of stuff to catch up on so let me concentrate okay?"

His eyes narrowed, giving me that calculating look that only he and Caleb seemed to keep giving me. He just stayed silent, observing me for a second and then shrugged. "Fine."

The rest of the class progressed normally, I guess. When the bell finally rang, I packed up my books and got out of there. I had enough people staring at me in homeroom.

The rest of the day dragged on. I went to chemistry where I was stuck with annoying Aron as my partner, and went to lunch. Tuna casserole and Caesar salad with apple juice. A normal weird tasting lunch at my school. I decided to go with the salad and juice because the casserole had flies buzzing around it. Jeez, the hygiene here is horrible. I found my friends sitting at our usual table.

"Caleb, shut your damn mouth!"

"Aw, come on Dean, we all saw it happen. Just ask her out already!"

Caleb, Dean and Leah were the only ones who'd arrived so far. I plopped down next to them and started eating my salad. "What's going on?"

Leah filled me in. "This dumbass doesn't have the guts to ask Britney out."

What else is new?

Dean smacked his hand to his forehead, rolling his eyes. "God guys, it was one kiss. I'll ask her out when I'm ready."