Test number two

Dan was sobbing immediately, whilst struggling weakly to escape the grasps of the stranger who was still laughing hysterically. The sounds crashed against each other like weird emotion battle which produced a deafening sound.

"You pathetic thing." He snapped, tightening his grip on Dan until he saw spots and went limp. Everywhere hurt from his head to the tip of his toes. "Now stay quite understand?" The younger boy nodded, blinking away tears.

Oh god oh god what had he just done?! Daniel James Howell had just told his mega crush and best friend that he loved him.

No not that he loved him that he was in love with him.

Phil knew he loved him, and they had a bond like no other, but he didn't know just how much Dan really did love him.

He had said he was in love with him. That his feelings went deeper then just platonic.

His head was pounding, a constant ache in the sea of pain that overtook his weakened body. His wrist had stopped bleeding so badly, but red liquid continued to drip onto the concrete floor, leaving a trail of blood behind as his body was dragged along hallway after hallway.

The walls were as bare and boring as the rooms Dan was in before and the floor was still the same old concrete. Dull and boring.

No one said a word, Dan to frightened to even whimper in pain.

And oh god the pain was bad.

Dan closed his eyes, blocking out the bright sun that shone through the window, and almost immediately passed out.

* * *

Phil collapsed the second Dan was taken from the room, falling to his knees and pushing the limp body of the boy away from him.

His hands shook as he stared at the door, wrapping his arms around himself. That fucking stranger had taken his best friend away from him right when he had finally confessed his love for him, and only god knows what the hell he was doing to Dan now.

Phil started shaking, chewing on his lip so hard it started to bleed. Of course he loved Dan, and he'd been in love with Dan ever sense he first met him in the train station in Manchester.

Drying his eyes on his dirty teeshirt, Phil backed away from the passed out boy, scooting on his butt until his back hit the wall hard. But the pain helped to wake up his feverish mind.

Dan was in love with him. He didn't just love phil, he was in love with Phil.

And phil had failed him.

It was painfully obvious Dan liked Phil. And Phil was in love with Dan.

Phil let out a dry laugh remembering just about a few hours before this whole mess had happened. Phil had been busy freaking out over the fact he had peeked Dan good bye.

Wow that seemed like years ago. He couldn't even remember what he had gone to the store for.

Oh yeah more of Dan's cereal.

Dan.

* * *

When Dan woke up he was lying on the cold, hard, and wet ground. His dirty clothes were covered with water, and his already wavy hair was now in full curls thanks to the liquid.

Groaning, Dan pushed himself up on shaky arms, looking around groggily.

Weirdly, he was next to a pool, and that was why he was so wet. The pungent smell of chlorine filled in air. Dan squinted his chocolate brown eyes in confusion.

Yawning, Dan went to stretch out, when he realized weights were keeping his long legs to the floor. Groaning and rubbing his face with his hand, Dan desperately tried to move his feet with no luck. The weights were too heavy and he was way to weak.

Taking a deep breath, Dan tried to clear his blurry vision and get a better grasp on the situation, but the pounding in his head made it almost impossible. It was as if the pounding could be heard outside his head too... Wait it could! Dan realized. It was the heavy foot steps of someone. The same someone who had just beaten him up.

"Test number two." The guy said, and walked up to Dan, a clip board in hand as he scribbled down notes franticly. Then the stranger, leaned down next to Dans trembling form and took a length of fabric from his pocket, roughly tying it around Dans mouth.

The younger male didn't protest, reasoning if he was good he wouldn't be hurt as bad.

Then with a hard kick the guy shoved Dan into the pool, his body sinking like a stone, his lungs already on fire.

* * *

Phil was in the corner of the room, trembling like a dog, each breath coming in a gasping pant. His head was pounding and the walls of the room seemed to be slowly closing in on him, celling his doomed fate. But for some reason he couldn't cry.

He wanted too, knowing it would make everything better but no tears came and his eyes stayed try as his mind wandered.

Where was Dan? what was happening to him? Was someone gonna come back for Phil? Was the boy on the floor ever gonna wake up?

Only Phil's last question was answerable, for a few seconds later the kid pushing himself up, coughing and looking around confused.

Phil stayed silent, eyes trained on his feet. Guilt ran through his veins as he heard the boy hiss in and pain, and seeing him wince would make it even worse.

Phil had never physically hurt anyone like that before... Sure he and Dan would have "play fights" but it never
escalated above weak punches and they were always gentle. But what Phil had done earlier was unbelievable and he was shocked at his own strength even if it was just for self defense.

It wasn't even for his own safety. It was for Dans. And he had failed his best friend.

Groaning Phil put his pounding head in his knees, bile climbing up the back of his throat.

Suddenly someone's hand was on Phil's back, gently rubbing circles in a calming pattern in order to ease his nerves and Phil looked up shocked to see the boy. The boy he had just knocked out was trying to comfort him...

"Listen phil... I'm getting you out of here... Now. Just run. I'll give you my phone so you can call the police and get help for Dan but you need to leave him behind and make a run for it."

Enjoy the Cliffhanger/bad chapter.