Drowning

Dan tried kicking his feet with no luck, cupping his fingers and desperately trying to pull himself out of the water.

He knew that the average human could hold their breath for 30 seconds, but Dan was hardly the average human. He was extremely out of shape and it was shocking he hasn't already inhaled a lung full of water.

His lungs were on fire, but he kept his mouth shut, squinting against the chlorine and kicking harder.

All he could feel was intense panic that was going to drown him and swallow him whole before the water did. His hurt speed up to the point where he could barley feel his numb fingers.

He wouldn't die. He would not leave Phil alone and in the hands of a monster. He needed to get back to his best friend and explain what had happened earlier. Explain that he had been madly in love with Phil, and maybe even find out if Phil felt the same way.

Yea right, someone said in the back of his mind. Phil love you... Not even in your dreams.

Dan screamed through the gag and his closed lips, praying to all the gods he could think of that something, anything would help. Black spots started to bloom in Dans vision, and he struggled harder, reaching a hand down to try and undo the chains around his legs.

With trembling fingers, he started clawing at the lock with no luck. More black dots danced into his eyesight and suddenly Dan was to tired to put up much a fight anymore.

Instead he thought of Phil, focusing his energy on the boy he loved. He conjured up a the memory of his laughed, and the picture of his bright blue eyes, black hair falling into his face. Dan would be proud to announce Phil was his dying memory. But then again when wasn't he thinking of the lion loving dork named Phil Lester?

The answer was never. Even when hanging out with other YouTubers whilst his best friend was busy all Dan could think about was the huge Phil shaped empty space next to him and the lack of his sweet laughter.

His lungs screamed for fresh air, and he couldn't see right. The dark blue of the pool seemed to be spinning upside down and everywhere hurt. The water was turning a pinkish, red from the blood the leaked out of Dans wounds, and he groaned in pain, thrashing weakly in one last attempt at escape.

His ears were ringing loudly know, and it took all of Dans will power not to breath in. And oh god he wanted to breath in. His brain knew all he would get would be a mouthful of water, but his lungs believed oxygen was waiting to be sucked in.

Dan decided to give up then, going limp, squeezing his brown eyes closed, and letting his body hit the bottom of the pool with a thud. He was just about to suck in a mouth full of water and admit defeat when a genius idea popped into his head.

With trembling hands Dan started untying his shoes desperately, his lungs feeling like they were gonna pop. One shoe came off and his left foot slipped out of the chain easily. Internally sighing Dan started on his right shoe, but holding his breath was too hard now and he sucked in a lung full of water.

Bad move. Really bad move.

The minute the chlorine and chemicals were in his system Dan started chocking, his body forcing him to breath in more water as if it would have a different effect. It didn't. It burned like hell and made his body feel more heavy then it already was.

Dan clawed at his right shoe, managing to pull it off in his disoriented haze of pain and slip out of the chain. Then he kicked up, fighting to stay awake while his body fought against him. Water kept entering his lungs and weakly the young male realized he was dying.

After worrying about it for years it didn't seem so bad now he thought.

His mussels ached and his body thrashed but he managed to break the surface, gaging. A floatation device was laying in the water in front of him and through the torture Dan put two and two together and held on to it.

Dan threw up water , and he was to exhausted to do anything but rest his head on the tube and cough. Someone was pulling him towards the end of the pool and out of the freezing water. Everywhere ached.

Once on land Dan puked whatever was in his system, snorting out h2o and collapsing onto his stomach, vision still tinged with black.

Mumbling Phil's name, Dan passed out.

Sorry some of my chapters have been shorter and horrible lately, and expect some more short chapters because writers block. Yay.
-_-

I'm also very sick at the moment
v.v

Anyways again really sorry these next few chapters won't be up to standers.