Thats why I love you

Phil woke up cuddling next to Dan. Rays on sun peeked through the slightly open black curtains, warning the older males pale skin. His boyfriend was still fast asleep, small breaths exiting through his tiny nose.

It looked like he was still struggling to breath though, because his chest was rising and falling unsteadily fast. Phil was going to wake him up, but thought better of it and stayed silent. Instead he carefully untangled himself from Dan and slipped out of bed, padding into the living room.

He pulled a mug from one of the shelves and started on some coffee, making sure to make enough for Dan. Soon the bitter smell of the life saving stuff filling the flat and Phil gratefully took a sip of it, allowing the drink to burn his tongue. The second the warm liquid entered his body Phil felt better, and warmth spread from his toes to his nose.

With a sigh he poured the rest of the coffee into the hello kitty mug for Dan and started to search through whatever cereal they had left over. Chris and Pj had gone shopping for them, so things like food were plentiful in their flat.

Phil had just pulled some lucky charms out of the top cupboard, when lanky arms wound around him from behind.

"Morning." Dan muttered sleepily, leaning into his boyfriend and closing his brown eyes.

"Morning bear." Phil replied with a giggle, and skillfully turned around so that he was facing Dan, but the boy could still rest his head on Phil's shoulder. They stayed like that for a while, the comfortable silence washing over them. It had been a while sense they both could just relax, and today was full of relaxing.

"C'mon..." Phil gently pulled Dan towards the couch. They both still needed to take their medication, but Phil figured they were okay for now, and his boyfriend looked so content snuggling into his side.

"Tired?" Phil asked, and Dan yawned in response.

"I didn't get much sleep last night." The younger boy flushed pink, looking away. Phil chewed his lip nervously, brushing Dan's curly brown hair across his forehead.

"W-why not?" The brown eyed male let out a shaky breath at that question, and quickly hide his bright red face in Phil's side. "It's nothing to be ashamed of." Phil quickly added, kissing Dan's cheek swiftly, in order to get him to turn around, which he did.

"It was just... The nightmares..." The younger male started, squeezing his eyes shut against the memories, but that just made it worse. He saw phil screaming for help, as blood pooled around him, but David held off Dan and made it so he couldn't help his boyfriend.

He quickly opened his eyes with a harsh cough, trembling slightly. Phil grabbed his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. "It's okay Dan, it's o-okay. We're okay now."

"No it's not!" Dan screamed suddenly, jumping up from the couch and away from Phil. He wrapped his arms around his shaking frame in a hug, and dug his nails into his skin. "Look at us! We aren't okay! You can barley talk without stuttering and I...I..." Tears made their way down Dan's cheeks and a sob escaped his lips as he crashed to the floor and fell on to his knees with a gurgled scream.

"Dan!" Phil yelped, running to his friends side and squatting next to him as he had a coughing fit. Phil rubbed his back gently, watching as he gasped and his lungs begged for air. This continued for a few minutes, before Phil decided to get the medication for Dan.

He ran to get a glass of water and the pills, before rushing back to his boyfriend and helping him take the much need medicine. He knew Dan had trouble taking pills without food, but the younger male managed to choke them down, before gasping and spluttering again.

"C'mon Dan, breath." Phil begged, waiting anxiously for the medication to do it's work and open up Dan's lungs. It took lots of tense minutes, but finally the younger male took a much needed breath.