Prologe

[Third Person POV]
Three months after the Sun Breath user's death, Giyuu shot up out of bed, sweating, in the middle of the night. He woke up because of the same dream that played over and over every night. It was of his sister getting killed by a demon, his childhood friend, Sabito, getting eaten by a demon, and his crush, Tanjiro, turning into a demon and killing himself. It's like they were haunting him, drowning him in constant darkness. Giyuu knew that they wouldn't drown in him in never ending darkness because all three of them had strong wills and kind hearts.

The thought of suicide crossed his mind multiple times, but he couldn't carry it out because he knew that they wished for his happiness. Although Giyuu knew, he would still say the same statements every time he woke up. One for his sister,
"Why did you leave me?"
One for Sabito,
"Why did you protect me?"
One for Tanjiro,
"Why didn't you tell me?"
And another for all three of them,
"Can't I see you one last time?"
Continuously, over and over, he would say those statements.

Giyuu wanted to cry, but he couldn't. He felt his tears, but they wouldn't fall. He could feel his heart breaking, but his stone cold face wouldn't allow him to show it.

Tomioka Giyuu was suffering. His mental state was crumbling, his health was failing. He didn't have anything to comfort him, but their smiling faces in his memories. But those memorable smiles, were hurting him as well. They reminded him of how they weren't there. His sisters' comfortingly presence, Sabito's harsh but up lifting scoldings, and Tanjiro's bright smile. Gone. They were no longer with him.

They wanted him to live a happy and fulfilling life...
How could he do that when not a single one of them was there...?
Their guiding lights were gone, so how was he supposed to live?